Coaching changes coming? Update: JDR fired!

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Vertical and Derek Carr? How is that a fit

Because a year ago Carr was one of the best deep passers in the game. This year the deep game has really been off could be the injuries or perhaps the 5 wide nonsense allowing less protection for Carr. Either way it’s a huge problem this season but prior to this season Carr has been pretty good throwing up 50/50 balls deep. 

12 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

He knows more than your speculation and assumption even if he isnt 100. He is around the team more than you and around league press more that you.

lol... defensive much? He piggy backed his non-sense off Albert Breer's article at SI for click bait. You fell for it.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

lol... defensive much? He piggy backed his non-sense off Albert Breer's article at SI for click bait. You fell for it.

Not defensive. Just right.

He has been talking about this for more than 4 months and has the periscopes to prove it. Just because someone else brought it up recently doesn't make it a piggyback. He is reminding people of the context. And all media members post for clicks. It's in the job description these days.

I really wish we hadn’t extended jacks contract and I’m sure Marc and Reggie feel the same. If he doesn’t call plays on either side, can’t manage the clock, doesn’t motivate or teach discipline and accountability, and lets his coaches in fight, what does he do? Seriously? 

25 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

I really wish we hadn’t extended jacks contract and I’m sure Marc and Reggie feel the same. If he doesn’t call plays on either side, can’t manage the clock, doesn’t motivate or teach discipline and accountability, and lets his coaches in fight, what does he do? Seriously? 

Exactly... question is now, is Davis able to admit the mistake and move on from him as he should. Or is he going to let him be a lame duck next season and hold the team back further?

This Norv Turner stuff got me thinking...

What if we go out and fire JDR and the hole offensive staff.

Go after Steve Wilks as HC, who has ties to Turner, Pagano, Chudzinski and is considered a great HC candidate and a strong D mind.

Assemble a staff like this:

HC: Steve Wilks
OC: Rob Chudzinksi
Assistant HC/Offense: Norv Turner
DC: John Pagano

Get Moncrief with the Rob ties, get Lotulelei with the Wilks ties decide what we do with the Sean Smith, David Amerson, TJ Carrie CB situation, decide what to d with the big money guys like Crabs, Lynch, Irvin, Cook and build up Carr's confidence and the O again, while building finally up a solid D on Mack's shoulders...

We are of the same mindset that we prefer Chudzinski at OC over Norv but I like the idea of Norv having some kind of role with the offense. Time will tell. Hopefully we get some clarity next week. It just sucks bc I didn’t think we would be looking at coaches and looking into draft picks while the regular season is still going on. Oh well, it is what it is.

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

This Norv Turner stuff got me thinking...

What if we go out and fire JDR and the hole offensive staff.

Go after Steve Wilks as HC, who has ties to Turner, Pagano, Chudzinski and is considered a great HC candidate and a strong D mind.

Assemble a staff like this:

HC: Steve Wilks
OC: Rob Chudzinksi
Assistant HC/Offense: Norv Turner
DC: John Pagano

Get Moncrief with the Rob ties, get Lotulelei with the Wilks ties decide what we do with the Sean Smith, David Amerson, TJ Carrie CB situation, decide what to d with the big money guys like Crabs, Lynch, Irvin, Cook and build up Carr's confidence and the O again, while building finally up a solid D on Mack's shoulders...

I like it.. wish itd come true. I still would love Josh McDaniels too. not sure if mark davis has enough of Al in him ti fire JD.

19 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Now that Dirk is staying in Tampa, que the Gruden talk!

You weren't wrong...

http://lvraidersreport.com/2017/12/29/sources-gruden-serious-raiders-coaching-job/

Multiple sources have confirmed to the Las Vegas Raiders Report tonight that Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis has discussed the possibility of Jon Gruden interviewing for the head coaching job during an alleged meeting last week in Philadelphia. Gruden and Davis met informally prior to the Raiders and Eagles meeting on Monday Night Football on Christmas Day – a game Gruden called on ESPN as television analyst.

Our sources confirmed Davis is willing to pony up the type of money Gruden is looking for, but still not the control. An agreement, if Gruden was selected after interviews with other candidates, hinges on a few items Gruden is demanding as part of a return to coaching. That includes control over player personnel and general manager duties, which Davis is not ready to relinquish. Davis is known to have the utmost faith and confidence in current Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie, who has been part of the cultural makeover and team turnaround in Oakland the past several seasons.

However, Davis has assured Gruden that, if selected, he would have input on personnel decisions and that McKenzie is perfectly willing to work with him on those issues.

On 12/29/2017 at 5:27 AM, Chali21 said:

Because a year ago Carr was one of the best deep passers in the game. This year the deep game has really been off could be the injuries or perhaps the 5 wide nonsense allowing less protection for Carr. Either way it’s a huge problem this season but prior to this season Carr has been pretty good throwing up 50/50 balls deep. 

Agreed Carr isn't super accurate down to down on short passes and our receivers don't catch all the short passes often enough. But Carr does Excel at making tough throws more than most qbs and our wrs have a flair for making crazy catches. So the vertical offense and power run game are a natural fit, we're much better when we pound the rock and Chuck the deep ball.

Advanced deep routes should have been the next natural progression for the passing offense, deep combination routes with max protect, power run game with pulling guards and continued use of the duo run concept should be our bread and butter. Instead Downing is just all over the place we don't have bread and butter besides the 5 wide short passes and wide zone runs which don't fit our personnel.

Archived