Coaching changes coming? Update: JDR fired!

Humble_Beast

Take this Scott Winter stuff with a grain of salt. He doesn't know anything. He's piggy backing off a MMBQ report about Tice and throwing a bunch of speculation out there. 

Case and point this tweet:

Gets another year based on firing his hand picked DC a season too late? Yeah.... no GM/owner is dumb enough to buy JDR has any impact in this defense 

51 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Take this Scott Winter stuff with a grain of salt. He doesn't know anything. He's piggy backing off a MMBQ report about Tice and throwing a bunch of speculation out there. 

Gets another year based on firing his hand picked DC a season too late? Yeah.... no GM/owner is dumb enough to buy JDR has any impact in this defense 

I actually see him getting another year, and I'm cool with that if they can actually get Norv Turner to run this offense, and let Pagano tailor the defense to his specifications.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He knows more than your speculation and assumption even if he isnt 100. He is around the team more than you and around league press more that you.

Worst-case scenario, and one that I think is slightly more likely to happen than we think: We go into the 2018 season with the same coaching staff. Highly unlikely (I think Downing is good-as-gone, at least), but I think there’s a slightly-bigger chance that this happens than we would like.

At the very least, I think we keep JDR and Pagano while replacing Downing. Not sure if I like the idea of moving on from Tice, but that’s obviously out of my hands.

Major dark-house candidate here, but Jedd Fisch for OC? Someone look him up and tell me what you think.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Vertical and Derek Carr? How is that a fit

Because it was the offense that he ran in college and set records. And it was the aspect of the offense last year were he excelled at the end of games and was near unstoppable. In the past in the spread and vertical offense, he kills it. Then came this year and he took a step back. I still think the injuries and fear in the pocket were the major factor in the offense being out of sync.

If the vertical offense is something the team wants to go to then Koetter is still gonna be an option, if he gets canned from TB.

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Turner is a good fit for Carr. His offense is simple, vertical, and relies on execution>scheme similar to Musgrave.

Turner also likes to a run a power run scheme as well doesn’t he?

I think Washington might suit Turner as well as he likes scat back types. Don’t think we have used Washington enough but that’s down to lack of opportunities I guess. 

Archived