2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

22 hours ago, Danger said:

Blech. My condolences.

I'm okay with Reich, if for nothing else that he's shown he can bring in a strong staff.  He had Sirianni, Eberflus, and Gannon his first year in Indianapolis.  He has strong connections and could likely poach from Philly or Jacksonville for coordinator spots.  And all things considered, I think he's done good work with QBs.  Maybe I'm wrong (you'll know more than me) but he seemed instrumental in Wentz's earlier success and his numbers in 2021, while clearly not indicative of what QB talent remained in him, still blows any recent Panthers QB out of the water.  I'd be far more comfortable drafting CJ Stroud and having him learn under Reich and whatever staff he brought in than Wilks.  Who knows how different his tenure is in Indianapolis if they sought out a young QB for him following Luck's abrupt retirement.

Panthers have had a defensive-minded HC all my life (I don't know what the hell Matt Rhule was to be fair).  So I'd really just be content with anyone who has a decent track record on the offensive side of the ball.  If Reich can come in and bring stability to the organization for at least 5 years or however long he plans on coaching, I'm okay with that.  Let him get some great staff members in here and groom our QB for the future.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

If my team needed a HC this offseason, I'd want one of Payton, Ryans, Evero, Gannon or Steichen

Ben Johnson would also be a good choice but he stayed with Detroit 

Could totally be wrong ofc, but none of the other names are really inspiring 

Apparently Steichen interviewed poorly.  Ryans turned down an interview with us.  Panthers interviewed Evero.  I don't think the Panthers want a defensive minded HC though.  I really don't think the Panthers keep Wilks for that reason and that he's only in the conversation out of respect, but maybe I'm wrong.

I said it on another page and nobody responded, but as an outsider, I don't really get the criticism for Moore.  I don't see what makes him a lesser candidate than other guys like him that were recently hired (Zac Taylor, Kevin O'Connell, Matt LaFleur, etc).  He's got more play-calling experience than Johnson and Steichen.  And the Cowboys year-in, year-out success on offense speaks for itself.  I don't doubt that he has his problems.  But I also suspect that maybe they get a tad bit exaggerated because of the team he coaches for.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

Aaron Rodgers, come on down.

That’s what Denver thought, too. 

Lamar Jackson, you’re the Russell Wilson of this equation!

• Like 2

Just now, minutemancl said:

Just thought about how funny it would be if another team interviewed Jeff Saturday.

This would be some awesome chess move by another team in order to freak Irsay out and maybe get him to  force  a hire that another team may consider to be really bad. 

• Like 4