2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

Monken having NFL success with Jameis, honestly he should be the hottest OC on the market right now.   Apparently he makes 2M a year at Georgia, so he's going to have get paid to move up, given Georgia might be a lifetime gig if he wants to stay.   Has to be more about going back to the NFL, and maybe a preference for the NFL work week as an OC, than just $. 

• Like 1

Just now, Broncofan said:

Monken having NFL success with Jameis, honestly he should be the hottest OC on the market right now.   Apparently he makes 2M a year at Georgia, so he's going to have get paid to move up, given Georgia might be a lifetime gig if he wants to stay.   Has to be more about going back to the NFL, and maybe a preference for the NFL work week as an OC, than just $. 

Really hope he stays at UGA 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Really hope he stays at UGA 

It's going to have be one sweet offer to get him to leave.   Frankly, I get he used to work for Tampa, but no TB12, and unclear direction, and a HC on the hot seat - seems like a weird fit.

Stable HC, ownership willing to pay big $, and a clear direction on where the O is going - that would be the combo where Monken would seem destined.   Unless he really wants to live in Tampa, I'd be surprised if he goes there (realizing that Ryans' wife being from HOU is a major X-factor for him overlooking the ownership track record there - that stuff matters a ton).

Just now, Broncofan said:

It's going to have be one sweet offer to get him to leave.   Frankly, I get he used to work for Tampa, but no TB12, and unclear direction, and a HC on the hot seat - seems like a weird fit.

Stable HC, ownership willing to pay big $, and a clear direction on where the O is going - that would be the combo where Monken would seem destined.   Unless he really wants to live in Tampa, I'd be surprised if he goes there (realizing that Ryans' wife being from HOU is a major X-factor for him overlooking the ownership track record there - that stuff matters a ton).

Yeah he’s primed for a three peat at UGA though. We have a cupcake schedule until the SEC Championship game (watch us lose at least two of those games now...) 

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

I think a lot of people are just waiting for the chargers job to open up next year 

They're going to be bitterly disappointed in the $ offered with the Spanos family holding the purse-strings.

I would think hoping that the Cowboys or Rams (McVay retires) jobs coming open is far more likely & appealing next offseason than the current situations this year, than to bank on the Chargers spot opening up and the owners paying big $.

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

They're going to be bitterly disappointed in the $ offered with the Spanos family holding the purse-strings.

I would think hoping that the Cowboys or Rams (McVay retires) jobs coming open is far more likely & appealing next offseason than the current situations this year, than to bank on the Chargers spot opening up and the owners paying big $.

I think they’ll pay if they think it is a top HC prospect. Good thread by Jim Trotter.

17 hours ago, Broncofan said:

nobody but mcvay will coach the rams.
we know now that mcvay will take a year or two off, but he will be back with the rams.

3 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

nobody but mcvay will coach the rams.
we know now that mcvay will take a year or two off, but he will be back with the rams.

Why would they let him go off and jet set for a couple years and then just take the job back when convenient? That would be a slap in the face to whomever eventually replaces him