2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Sounds like the only opening left for Payton is probably Arizona unless Denver changes their tune. Houston getting Ryans and the Colts seem to be going for Saturday? 

My guess is he is on Fox next year, but we will see. 

Arizona isn’t matching New Orleans’ asking price of two 1st rd picks.  I think they’re blowing the opportunity at getting a couple day-2 picks for a retired coach but I respect their principal.  Flores has been the betting favorite for a while.  

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

If we hire Ryans as HC that would be the most anticipated press conference in franchise history.

It won’t make up for the Bill O’Brien/Jack Easterby era… but it’s a great start in the right direction.

It’s probably the first time I’ve legitimately felt hope (as opposed to convincing myself into a false sense of hope) since 2017 when the Texans drafted Deshaun Watson.

I’m conditioned to expect bad things with this franchise, so I’m really trying to compartmentalize this for my own mental health.

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Arizona isn’t matching New Orleans’ asking price of two 1st rd picks.  I think they’re blowing the opportunity at getting a couple day-2 picks for a retired coach but I respect their principal.  Flores has been the betting favorite for a while.  

For two day two picks…Payton and AZ can go to heck. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

It won’t make up for the Bill O’Brien/Jack Easterby era… but it’s a great start in the right direction.

It’s probably the first time I’ve legitimately felt hope (as opposed to convincing myself into a false sense of hope) since 2017 when the Texans drafted Deshaun Watson.

I’m conditioned to expect bad things with this franchise, so I’m really trying to compartmentalize this for my own mental health.

Understandable.  I was Bengalized for over two decades.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

As a Falcons fan, I feel this. 

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Chicago's version of this hell is called Bears Purgatory.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Understandable.  I was Bengalized for over two decades.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

As a Falcons fan, I feel this. 

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Chicago's version of this hell is called Bears Purgatory.

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come...

I'd wish you the same, but as a bitter veteran of this war I only have one thing to say

tumblr_inline_mrhz4mEChV1qz4rgp.gif

... but really I'd like to see some teams make big jumps. HOU has Caserio who I was a fan of as a potential Bears GM, ATL has Pitts, NYG has Daboll (who I paired with Caserio), and aside from 2 games a year I kind of root for DET.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ET80 said:

Were you an Oilers fan? I feel like only Browns fans can understand what it’s like to be a Chargers fan. Not only do we have a cheap inept weasel as an owner but we are the only homeless team in the NFL. Losing your team to a move is horrible. Losing them to a rival city rubs some major salt in that wound. Having former coaches talk about how much better it is being an assistant on another staff because of the perks rather then being the Chargers coach is just the kick to the junk. 

Spanos is the worst owner in all of sports. At least Substance Abuse Irsay can say he tries to win. Spanos just makes sure he can get as many of his family members possible sucking on that shared revenue teat. 

Texans- Demeco Ryans

Panthers- Frank Reich

Cardinals- Brian Flores? Ejiro Evero? Aaron Glenn? Sean Payton?

Broncos- Jim Caldwell? Ejiro Evero? Raheem Morris? Sean Payton?

Colts- Could be literally anyone. I wouldn't put it past Jim Irsay to call me and offer me the job.

(This is all based on reported interest and interviews, specifically 2nd interviews)

There are like no decent OC candidates because any half decent OC becomes a HC within 2 years anyway

Reich becomes Panthers HC, LaFleur becomes Rams OC, Moore is Chargers OC 

There's nobody else that is really interesting, unless you can get a lateral move 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Texans- Demeco Ryans

Panthers- Frank Reich

Cardinals- Brian Flores? Ejiro Evero? Aaron Glenn? Sean Payton?

Broncos- Jim Caldwell? Ejiro Evero? Raheem Morris? Sean Payton?

Colts- Could be literally anyone. I wouldn't put it past Jim Irsay to call me and offer me the job.

(This is all based on reported interest and interviews, specifically 2nd interviews)

As of yesterday, they officially were turned down by the Broncos. Along with Shaw.

On top of that, allegedly the original list of candidates won't be expanded.

So, logically it's either going to be Harbaugh or Ryans or Payton.

Which seems ridiculous to spell out after the last three weeks of search.