Hypothetical Offseason Trades

dll2000

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

If Ridder isn't good, they're picking top 10 again.  I'd probably put them at like a 25% chance they take a QB.

I don't think a third round QB should move the needle at all for whether or not the Falcons draft one. Ditto for Tennessee with Malik Willis.

14 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I don't think a third round QB should move the needle at all for whether or not the Falcons draft one. Ditto for Tennessee with Malik Willis.

Gardner Minshew was our only chance. If he failed, everyone else will

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

This was actually @dll2000 but I'm quoting this from Cwood's post. If the Ravens can't agree to a deal with Lamar, maybe they trade him away for assets knowing that they might be able to pry Murray away from Arizona for little in return, with Arizona just being happy to get out of the contract? Murray is no Jackson, but he is the same type of QB who can give Baltimore that running element.

And Arizona and Baltimore have a recent trade between them, with Marquise Brown going to Arizona. Of course, the people in Arizona who made that trade are gone, but it's still there.

Seems very Madden-y for my liking.  Plus, why would Arizona move Kyler Murray for minimal return?  That's $59.2M in dead money if they trade him before June 1st (his cap hit for 2023 is a reasonable $16M), or $13M in dead money in 2023 and $46M in 2024 if they traded him post June 1st.  That's a LOT of money to swallow and it's not like Michael Bidwell is the most cash-rich owner.  That Kyler Murray extension likely needed ownership approval anyways.  Just seems like a lot of things would need to break right for Arizona to be in the QB market.

As for Baltimore, I think it's more likely that they believe that Tyler Huntley can run the offense efficiently and more importantly cheaper than Kyler Murray.  Plus, they keep all the draft assets they'd get in return for Lamar Jackson (think Russell Wilson-level of package minimum, probably closer to Deshaun Watson).

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

It might not move the needle, but it certainly doesn't force the need to feel the pressure to move up.  Atlanta just doesn't seem likely to move up for a QB.  If one falls to them at 8, I could see them considering taking one there.  But I think it's not likely.  It seems more likely they'd pivot towards either EDGE or DL instead.  As for Tennessee, I think they're realistically too far away to move up to #1.  Even if they traded their first three picks this year, they're still roughly a mid-FRP away from matching trade value via the TVC.  Add in the QB premium, and the cost goes even higher.  That's an RG3-package at minimum just to get in the door IMO.

6 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Ironically if we swung a trade with TEN I’d kinda want them to throw Willis in the trade package. He’d be a really strong skill set matchup for a backup QB for us at least with what we ran this year. 

23 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Correct. I'm not trading a 2nd round pick for Deandre Hopkins. I don't know why this is a fight for you. You want to, I don't. Neither matter to anybody who'd be making these decisions

its a "fight" for me because you put these values on what round a pick is in, even though there is a 7 pick difference. "I would never trade our 2nd round pick but would have no problem trading our 3rd round pick, even though they are relatively equal!" - that's you, which is just asinine 

also, love that you're just ignoring my points. i'm not saying either one of us right, but your refusal to acknowledge the similarities is startling. again, i agree that i would rather trade the 3rd than the 2nd, but they are relatively similar. 

23 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Oh wow, 1st, 5th and 6. Again, he was 26 when this trade happened. Minnesota also got a pick back. On the other hand you want to trade a lot for a 30 year old who is never healthy anymore and when he is, he's pumping PED's into his system. To each their own.

i hate when facts get in the way of my arguments too. Nuk missed 1 game in 2017, 7 last year, and got shut down for the last 2 games this season since they were meaningless - that is hardly "never healthy anymore."

as for the "PEDs pumping into his system" - "What it was is it’s called ostarine. There was 0.1% found in my system. If you know what that is, you know it’s contamination — not something directly taken." 

Would somebody please think of the children !? -

Nuk career averages - 15 games played, 86 catches, 1,129 yards, 7 tds

yeah, i would absolutely hate to have that on the team for a chance to draft a player 7 picks earlier

What do you think of a trade with Washington for?:

2023 16, 47

2024 1, 2

2025 1, 2

People would be disappointed we traded out of upper part of draft this year, but look at future!

NFCE is good now.  Washington could have a bad year in 24 or 25 or both giving us really high picks.  Even if they are low they are still high and you can find really good players.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

What do you think of a trade with Washington for?:

2023 16, 47

2024 1, 2

2025 1, 2

People would be disappointed we traded out of upper part of draft this year, but look at future!

NFCE is good now.  Washington could have a bad year in 24 or 25 or both giving us really high picks.  Even if they are low they are still high and you can find really good players.

They've been apparently telling people that Sam Howell is their 2023 starter, so their picks could be quite high.

9 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-owner-michael-bidwill-deandre-hopkins-future-in-arizona-evaluated

Definitely opens the window for us. I know he only played a partial season last year but he had 64 catches for 717 yards and 3 TDs in 9 games. Yes please.

Especially since the offense had a mediocre run game to help the terrible passing game when Murray was out. In 7 starts they threw for 3 TDs and 10 INTs. Nuk only played in 5 games with Murray this year.

Damn shame this was how Watt had to go out.

27 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-owner-michael-bidwill-deandre-hopkins-future-in-arizona-evaluated

Definitely opens the window for us. I know he only played a partial season last year but he had 64 catches for 717 yards and 3 TDs in 9 games. Yes please.

They should move him. Unless they somehow land Carr, next year should be a tank year for them. Unless of course they take the usual Bears approach of being a middling team with an inferior QB.

11 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I watched all his touches for the season earlier and the vast majority were quick hitches. I imagine we could use him more creatively than that, but if that’s the best way to use him, he at least quickens up our pass plays if the line isn’t night and day better than last season and we need to get the ball out quicker. 

it was at the very least enjoyable watching a receiver that can effectively cut off his route like that. Unlike a certain wr we resigned. 

He’s getting older, the potential for a ped suspension is scary, but his missed time wasn’t all injury related so he could step right in and help immediately. 

On the topic of Nuk Hopkins..I love the player. The guy's career speaks for itself

But when I analyze it closer I don't really see it being a Poles type of move... but I could be wrong 

For a mid round pick I would definitely take a flyer but I'm not giving up anything higher than a 4th considering his salary and cap hit for next season and given the PED suspension from this past season

Another question is would he really want to come to a rebuilding team in Chicago? Dude is getting up there in age and probably wants a legit shot at a SB within the next 2 years. I think he'll have a large say in where he ends up if not staying with AZ and I'm not so sure Bears would be high on his list so I'm doubtful it happens anyway 

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1