Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

Nice round again for the Chargers.

Jimmie Ward will be our 2nd starter at safety and Parham will hopefully show his flashes again as a TE2. Muti will just come it as depth for our LG spot and could earn the starting position in Camp.

Would have loved to resign Pipkins, but the other offer was crazy and as a backup tackle it would have been to expensive

Saints lost a lot of bids, especially loosing Callaway and P.J. Williams sucks. But really exited to add Berrios and Snell on such cheap contracts.

• Like 1

Trying to understand my results. They all say I was outbid, but there is no other team listed bidding on them?

It looks like maybe it's because I am over the cap? Ugh not sure what changed... I was under before I left.. 

EDIT: nevermind, not over the cap now? I'm not sure if I had something loaded that changed things or not... 

53 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Trying to understand my results. They all say I was outbid, but there is no other team listed bidding on them?

It looks like maybe it's because I am over the cap? Ugh not sure what changed... I was under before I left.. 

EDIT: nevermind, not over the cap now? I'm not sure if I had something loaded that changed things or not... 

Without looking, maybe your bids, if you won them all, took you over the cap.  That's a no no

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Without looking, maybe your bids, if you won them all, took you over the cap.  That's a no no

But don't my bids reflect my cap as they're entered? I think there was something I had in there that threw it all off. I deleted some stuff and reentered others. I have like $8 million it says. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

But don't my bids reflect my cap as they're entered? I think there was something I had in there that threw it all off. I deleted some stuff and reentered others. I have like $8 million it says. 

certainly possible.  Did you win a reserve bid perhaps?

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

certainly possible.  Did you win a reserve bid perhaps?

Nope. My best guess is something was entered somewhere, and it was wrong, or was doubling up what I had done and threw my cap off. I should be good for tomorrow night. Will wait until then. 

14 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Bucs GM, 

I don't know what shape your roster is in but this is a good time to scoop up some guys with low APYs while everyone else is bidding on higher priced guys. There's lots of guys in that range who have NFL experience plus some younger guys who may have upside or need a change of scenery. By the end of this you should have a 90 man roster so every extra cheap vet you get in free agency is 1 less undrafted rookie to sign. 

thats a good strat

i appreciate the heads up

i have such little cap room though, I wanted to bid on one higher priced guy in particular that would take the majority of my cap budget though so thats why I've been slow to bid on anyone

but hey LFG lol I had 1 bid for yesterdays FA wave, on Devin Bush and i got him haha idk what happened to him since his rookie year when he was balling but we are hoping he returns to form AND now we got 2 Devins in the Middle of the D

Fire Dem Cannons

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I wish we would've landed Devin Bush but I'm happy to settle our QB2 situation, interior OL depth, and get another starting level LB.

I'm not gona lie to you , i almost outbid you for Stidham 

i thought he played well enough at the tail end of last year, but I'm still holding out hope that i can get my prized FA guy thats still avail

* gotta be covert about this **** around here lol

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
  • Like 1

Happy with the signing i made. Moore would have been nice but i kinda expected the reserve bid and then another bid on top.

Michael Davis is a very solid corner opposite Humphries and slots in right into that CB2 spot. Was debating between him and James Bradberry but with Bradberry getting another bid on him i decided to go with Davis.

Michael Thomas is a pretty hefty contract but for a one year rental on a guy that If(and i know its a big if) healthy is a great receiver to help a pretty lackluster group off WR's. And if he misses most again he probably won't be back or for much cheaper.

Pharoh Cooper is a depth piece to add mostly for ST but can if needed add some to the offense.

And then resigned the Long Snapper because you need one.

Edited by Justone2