PLAYOFFS | Divisional | 1st Seed Eagles vs THE Jersey Bog Giants [Sat 8:15]

Kiltman

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

No. The Eagles are a significantly better team than the Giants. We aren't getting destroyed with a mediocre performance from Hurts. It would take a complete collapse to get destroyed... 

Yep the Eagles are a more talented team then the Giants. And for all intents and purposes you should win this game. But.. there is a reason why they actually.. you know.. play the game. Our run D is weak but if Wink can find a way to get some negative plays and force some 3rd and longs against you there is a chance. The offense needs to be able to flip the field and give the D max opportunity to slow down your potent offensive attack. That means sustained drives and field management. It's a tall task.. your offense is undoubtably talented but there is a path to victory for the Gmen. They bracketed JJ and forced the Vikes potent O to either run the ball or function through Hock. I see a similar plan against you. 

27 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Yep the Eagles are a more talented team then the Giants. And for all intents and purposes you should win this game. But.. there is a reason why they actually.. you know.. play the game. Our run D is weak but if Wink can find a way to get some negative plays and force some 3rd and longs against you there is a chance. The offense needs to be able to flip the field and give the D max opportunity to slow down your potent offensive attack. That means sustained drives and field management. It's a tall task.. your offense is undoubtably talented but there is a path to victory for the Gmen. They bracketed JJ and forced the Vikes potent O to either run the ball or function through Hock. I see a similar plan against you. 

I mean I never suggested otherwise. I only brought that up because of the claim that the Eagles will get "destroyed" if Hurts isn't on his A game. That is ridiculous.

I said multiple times already I expect it to be a close game.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Errm no... they cannot. Good QB's are rare. If you got one you lock him up long term. 

Great QBs are rare. Good QBs are found all over. You don’t have to pick in the top 5 to get one. Sure, it helps. You just have to find yourself in a good position to get one. Plenty of guys are had in the mid to late round 1 and into the mid rounds. 

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Whole bunch of blah yet he would instantly cite Hurts rushing stats in a conversation about MVP. You a biased hack. Because without his ground production he's average....

Did I just get called biased by some schleper  arguing Jones as a franchise QB? Take this to NFL Gen and see who’s biased. 

And, if you hadn’t noticed, am discussing franchise QBs. As in guys that you would sign for a decade to head your football team. Not just this season. Hurts running ability might elevate him into MVP talk as Lamar and Cam did but it’s not sustainable. Those guys couldn’t and can’t throw when they need(ed) to. It’s simple; you have to develop your passing game to be long for this game. Jones ain’t there. Hurts isn’t even there and he’s shoulders above Jones as a thrower. Hurts with his ground game is MVP status. Hurts without is still a decent QB. Jones with his ground game is ok. Without it he’s devastatingly underwhelming. It’s not a debate. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Did I just get called biased by some schleper  arguing Jones as a franchise QB? Take this to NFL Gen and see who’s biased. 

And, if you hadn’t noticed, am discussing franchise QBs. As in guys that you would sign for a decade to head your football team. Not just this season. Hurts running ability might elevate him into MVP talk as Lamar and Cam did but it’s not sustainable. Those guys couldn’t and can’t throw when they need(ed) to. It’s simple; you have to develop your passing game to be long for this game. Jones ain’t there. Hurts isn’t even there and he’s shoulders above Jones as a thrower. Hurts with his ground game is MVP status. Hurts without is still a decent QB. Jones with his ground game is ok. Without it he’s devastatingly underwhelming. It’s not a debate. 

I'd love to see what Daniel Jones numbers looked like if he had one of the best offensive lines in the league, a bonafide #1 WR, one of the best #2 WRs, and top 10 TE. As far as who's a franchise QB and who's not - it doesn't really matter and all of our opinions on it matter even less. We'll see what happens on the field tomorrow night. If the Eagles win, great. That's what's supposed to happen given the state of both teams. If they don't. Yikes. Gonna be quite a disappointing way to end such a promising season.

Edited by w4rrior723
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

I'd love to see what Daniel Jones numbers looked like if he had one of the best offensive lines in the league, a bonafide #1 WR, one of the best #2 WRs, and top 10 TE. As far as who's a franchise QB and who's not - it doesn't really matter and all of our opinions on it matter even less. We'll see what happens on the field tomorrow night. If the Eagles win, great. That's what's supposed to happen given the state of both teams. If they don't. Yikes. Gonna be quite a disappointing way to end such a promising season.

top 3*

8 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

. Golladay, drafting a RB so high, hiring Judge, letting Bradberry walk, OL issues, etc. I’m not going to sit here and tell you I know every move the Giants made and why they did it but it hasn’t seem to be working out lately.

As I Giant fan I can tell you why. Most of those moves was made by Gettleman who I consider the worst GM in the modern era. As for Bradberry, the new GM did everything he could to try and keep him, however Gettleman left the salary cap in such a horrible state that the only way to come up with money to pay Bradberry would be to extend Golladay which is something no one in their right mind would do. As for the offensive line our new GM in one off season did what Gettleman couldn't do in 4 season which is upgrade the offensive line. It went from the worst offensive line in the NFL to just below average, next year it will be an above average offensive line. Given the mess our current GM was left with he has made just about all the right moves, he would have needed a crystal ball to do better.

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Great QBs are rare. Good QBs are found all over. You don’t have to pick in the top 5 to get one. Sure, it helps. You just have to find yourself in a good position to get one. Plenty of guys are had in the mid to late round 1 and into the mid rounds. 

If it is that easy, how come the Commanders, Jets and most likely the Dolphins have literally gone decades with out being able to do so.

No, it is not that easy.

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Hurts isn’t even there and he’s shoulders above Jones as a thrower. Hurts with his ground game is MVP status. Hurts without is still a decent QB. Jones with his ground game is ok. Without it he’s devastatingly underwhelming. It’s not a debate. 

What ever your drug you are on can you share it with the rest of us, it has to be some powerful stuff. Last season the Giants game plan for Hurts at home was force him to beat us with his arm. Hurts couldn't do it throwing 3 interceptions.

Hurts has vastly better stats because his offensive unit is vastly better at every position outside of Left Tackle and Running Back. He is not an MVP candidate if he is playing on the Giants that is not a debate.

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

Hurts has vastly better stats because his offensive unit is vastly better at every position outside of Left Tackle and Running Back. He is not an MVP candidate if he is playing on the Giants that is not a debate.

So are you of the belief Daniel Jones as a Eagle puts up MVP type numbers and wins 14 games as well, curious?

Eagles added 2 players on offense from last year to this year, 2. AJ Brown and Zach Pascal. That's it.

However he's no longer throwing to and counting on Scrubs like Reagor, Hightower, JJAW and Ward. More importantly Hurts is in his 2nd year in Sirianni system. First time that's happened for him since HS!!!! That absolutely has made a difference. 

Much like Jones "should be" if he actually gets to see year 2 in Dabolls system.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

What ever your drug you are on can you share it with the rest of us, it has to be some powerful stuff. Last season the Giants game plan for Hurts at home was force him to beat us with his arm. Hurts couldn't do it throwing 3 interceptions.

How did it work out this year? Hurts is not the same QB he was a year ago, if you think AJ Brown is the only reason we went from a 1 dimensional top 12 offense to a well rounded top 3 offense, then I’ll have whatever drug you’re on. He’s more accurate, improved pocket presence (still weak point), better decision making, and the game just seems to be slower for him. There is no question he’s improved, so bringing up his play from last season is truly irrelevant.

Does he have a great supporting cast? Of course. Generally that’s a prerequisite of an MVP season, which Hurts nearly had. I understand Jones had a truly mediocre supporting cast, that’s exactly why I consider to him to have had a good 2022 despite average at best #s, both individually and the offense he lead. I think Jones showed that he’s worth keeping around until they can provide him w/ a supporting cast like Hurts’. After which they’ll know if he’s capable of leading a high powered offense, as Hurts did in year 3.

32 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So are you of the belief Daniel Jones as a Eagle puts up MVP type numbers and wins 14 games as well, curious?

What version of Jones are we talking about? Is Jones in the second year of the system like what Hurts is? Does he have at worst the second best duo of wideouts in the NFL a top 10 Tight end and one of the better offensive line in football supported by an almost record breaking defense. I know my QB was able to get 9 wins with far far less this season.  

9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

There is no question he’s improved, so bringing up his play from last season is truly irrelevant.

No it is not, it is the main point. You Eagle fans keep bringing up how Hurts has improved because he is in the second year of the system and is no longer throwing to scrubs. Your saying your 2nd round draft pick in the draft can improve, yet my #6 overall pick in the draft can't under similar conditions, that is nonsense.