2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

It's so frustrating watching these people on sports shows acting baffled as to why Lamar can't get a Deshaun Watson type of deal

1) It's the Browns. Just like our parents used to say, "If so-so jumped off a bridge would you do it too?" It was a stupid deal and other teams shouldn't feel obligated to make stupid deals that kneecap their team for several years.
2) And probably the most obvious thing, Lamar can only give you 3 quarters of a season. Are we going to act like he's not injury prone?

Edited by Art_Vandalay
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

It's so frustrating watching these people on sports shows acting baffled as to why Lamar can't get a Deshaun Watson type of deal

1) It's the Browns. Just like our parents used to say, "If so-so jumped off a bridge would you do it too?" It was a stupid deal and other teams shouldn't feel obligated to make stupid deals that kneecap their team for several years.
2) And probably the most obvious thing, Lamar can only give you 3 quarters of a season. Are we going to act like he's not injury prone?

The only way to get good QBs in this league is to draft n roll the dice on a young one. Sign and overpay a average QB ( Carr, Geno, DJ) or sign/trade a big ticket QB (Watson, Jackson, Rodgers).

Regardless there’s several owners who are desperate enough and rich enough to do it for Lamar.

55 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

and those 3 quarters of a season include 2 quarters where he's not very good at all.

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

I'd be pretty surprised if the Bears didn't make a big push for Edmunds

Seeing a lot of comments from Terrell I really think this comes down to: do the Steelers want Terrell back and can they give Tremaine a decent offer. Terrell talked at length he would like to be back with Pittsburgh and he would love to play with his brother again. 

All the posters saying no owner wants to give Lamar a fully guaranteed deal. Mark Davis, at 25 years old in 1980, negotiated Cliff Branch's final contract against the owner of the Raiders Mark's dad Al Davis. Mark got Cliff Branch an annuity included in the deal. Cliff Branch still got paid off that contract until he died a couple years ago.

No idea if Mark likes Lamar Jackson, but Cliff was his best friend and known for unique speed. Mark selected Henry Ruggs for reminding him of Cliff. Wouldn't surprise me if he forced his football minds to just get him Jackson if he wants him.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

I can live without Edmunds. Gonna miss the hell out of Poyer though. He’s a wall of famer for us. 

Do you worry his play is going to skydive given he is 32 next month? And changing schemes may hurt him too? Or is he truly just so damn good he should continue to excel for years to come.

Jordan Poyer would be a great pick up. 

Probably priced out from us though, given needs elsewhere. He brings more to the table than the S's we currently have, but I don't know if he brings enough to warrant the extra $ being tied up. 

I'd be irked if we didn't at least bring him in for talks though. 

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

All the posters saying no owner wants to give Lamar a fully guaranteed deal. Mark Davis, at 25 years old in 1980, negotiated Cliff Branch's final contract against the owner of the Raiders Mark's dad Al Davis. Mark got Cliff Branch an annuity included in the deal. Cliff Branch still got paid off that contract until he died a couple years ago.

No idea if Mark likes Lamar Jackson, but Cliff was his best friend and known for unique speed. Mark selected Henry Ruggs for reminding him of Cliff. Wouldn't surprise me if he forced his football minds to just get him Jackson if he wants him.

Seems like a massive leap, dude lol

3 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

So in other words, “Lads, it’s Cleveland.”

5 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

So in other words, “Lads, it’s Cleveland.”

I understand as fans we hate players doing this stuff. However, you’re crazy if you think QBs won’t be asking for deals like this.

Joe Burrow is going to essentially hold a gun to Mike Brown very soon.