What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Let me get this straight, the Packers can't wait up until right before Week 1 but the Jets can?

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I'll be honest, I'm petty af - I'd rather do that then give the Jets what they want for pennies on the dollar. If we're suffering, you're suffering with us.

sassy ha ha GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Well at least you admit this line of thought isn't rational whatsoever lol.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

In that scenario, that he's coming back, yes, we deactivate him and face the consequences.

In your scenario where we can't get what we want for him, do we settle or face the consequences?  (Those are two different things)

No.  If this gets close to week one, he's yours for a cup of coffee.  Actually pizza.  One pie a week for the season. 

All you gotta do is hold out till then and pray that no other QB goes down.  If I were your organization, I'd be wrapping Jimmy G in bubble wrap.

This is completely absurd. Like talk about biting your nose to spite your face. 

And my organization doesn't have Jimmy G bud. You guys are losing it.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Let me get this straight, the Packers can't wait up until right before Week 1 but the Jets can?

Did I ever say that? No I did not.

The first true landmark that would have significant impact on this trade is the 2023 NFL Draft. Are you guys willing to go into that draft with no extra draft capital just to prove a point?

Edited by jetjuice

15 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

This is completely absurd. Like talk about biting your nose to spite your face. 

And my organization doesn't have Jimmy G bud. You guys are losing it.

He's not saying you have Jimmy G.

Any organization loses a QB in OTAs or mini camp to any sort of non contact injury before and your management is dragging their feet still, it's just one call and now you have Zach Wilson to look forward to again.

I don't think it ever gets close to that. I'm just saying. I think your FO gets it a lot more than your fanbase and this deal gets done next week.

15 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Are you guys willing to go into that draft with no extra draft capital just to prove a point?

You make that sound like such a catastrophic thing, lol. Teams go into the draft every year without “extra capital”. The Packers would’ve done just that if Rodgers followed through and retired.

Y’all really trying to make the smallest things sound so dramatic lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's not saying you have Jimmy G.

Any organization loses a QB in OTAs or mini camp to any sort of non contact injury before and your management is dragging their feet still, it's just one call and now you have Zach Wilson to look forward to again.

I don't think it ever gets close to that. I'm just saying. I think your FO gets it a lot more than your fanbase and this deal gets done next week.

That's about the only shred of hope the Packers have of another trade suitor emerging / regaining any leverage.

The draft is the real deadline, you would need a season ending injury to happen before then. The pick(s) that would be a part of this trade are either future Jets or future Packers. Which would you prefer?

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You make that sound like such a catastrophic thing, lol. Teams go into the draft every year without “extra capital”. The Packers would’ve done just that if Rodgers followed through and retired.

Y’all really trying to make the smallest things sound so dramatic lol

Another top 45 pick in the draft vs having to wait a whole year for that impact is not "the smallest thing" but ok. And Rodgers didn't retire did he?

This is an asinine response lol. 

10 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Another top 45 pick in the draft vs having to wait a whole year for that impact is not "the smallest thing" but ok. And Rodgers didn't retire did he?

This is an asinine response lol. 

Is it like totes literally asinine?

”Another top 45 pick in the draft” lmao

Like I said, how many teams go every year without an additional draft pick? Yeah, it’s nice, but a SRP isn’t franchise changing. Happens to teams every year.

You guys in here trying to make it sound like it’s this massive haul, truly politician-level spinning lol. Commendable. Ultimately useless however, since I doubt Gute posts here.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Is it like totes literally asinine?

”Another top 45 pick in the draft” lmao

Like I said, how many teams go every year without an additional draft pick? Yeah, it’s nice, but a SRP isn’t franchise changing. Happens to teams every year.

You guys in here trying to make it sound like it’s this massive haul, truly politician-level spinning lol. Commendable. Ultimately useless however, since I doubt Gute posts here.

Massive haul or not, better to put it towards rebuilding your team NOW while you still have Love (the guy you publicly announced you're rolling with this year) still in his rookie contract for one more year. 

This weird logic that you have that "plenty of teams don't add picks" is horrible rationale to NOT add premium draft picks. 

Therefore the clock is ticking.

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Massive haul or not, better to put it towards rebuilding your team NOW while you still have Love (the guy you publicly announced you're rolling with this year) still in his rookie contract for one more year. 

“Better” - yes. 

That big a deal? Nope. Unless you think the odds of that SRP being a massive impact for the Packers in Year 1 is terribly high? Or even remotely close to 50/50?

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

This weird logic that you have that "plenty of teams don't add picks" is horrible rationale to NOT add premium draft picks. 

Uh, where did I say teams shouldn’t add picks? 

I said y’all are being drama queens. 

“Are you really willing to go into the draft without an extra Day 2 pick????”

Uh, yes? If it means negotiating myself a better deal? Better question: are the Jets really willing to go into 2023 with Zach Wilson/another JAG?