What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

In what world can you not understand that it is an option?  He's under contract to GB.  

It is far, far, far away from any desirable outcome, but it is an option.  Just a horrendous one.

This is not a realistic outcome whatsoever at this point and telling yourself otherwise is a lie.

Literally.

8 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Seriously tho if this did happen, what do you do with Love at that point? 

They'd start Love and pay Aaron to be a mainstay on McAfee's show. 

Their season would be over before it started. 

Edited by BofaDeez54927
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Honestly, they'd probably still end up starting Love because Aaron will do as ARod do and make it all about himself, threaten to retire (which he won't in the same year as Brady did), sit out until he starts getting fined, hoping that Love flops so hard that the team comes to him with hat in hand and tail between the legs apologizing for everything and stroking his fragile ego.

9 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

If you are thinking what do I think the Packers do at that point?

Tell Rodgers to stay home.  Which he'd do and snipe away.  And they would deal with a horrific cap situation.

Roll with Love.  Seems like GB is fully behind him at this point and time.

As I said, it is an option in the sense that Rodgers is under contract to the Packers.  And it is either the least desirable outcome or the second to least desirable outcome (next to retirement).

But...there is this...Murphy (President) gave an interview a week or so ago here in Wisconsin.  He was asked about that possibility...Rodgers returning.  He said they'd have him back, sure, because he is "a great player".  Also, he seemed stunned by the question and totally sounded like he was reaching for words.

8 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

So after 118 pages have we come to a consensus on how many bags of cheese doodles he's worth? 

I was thinking maybe 6.

12 if he commits to two years.

And 5lbs of Shailene's edible clay/mud.  He's probably still got some of that lying around.

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

If you are thinking what do I think the Packers do at that point?

Tell Rodgers to stay home.  Which he'd do and snipe away.  And they would deal with a horrific cap situation.

Roll with Love.  Seems like GB is fully behind him at this point and time.

As I said, it is an option in the sense that Rodgers is under contract to the Packers.  And it is either the least desirable outcome or the second to least desirable outcome (next to retirement).

But...there is this...Murphy (President) gave an interview a week or so ago here in Wisconsin.  He was asked about that possibility...Rodgers returning.  He said they'd have him back, sure, because he is "a great player".  Also, he seemed stunned by the question and totally sounded like he was reaching for words.

So you guys would deactivate Aaron Rodgers and pay him millions to sit on your bench rather than take what you can get for him?

6 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

So you guys would deactivate Aaron Rodgers and pay him millions to sit on your bench rather than take what you can get for him?

In that scenario, that he's coming back, yes, we deactivate him and face the consequences.

In your scenario where we can't get what we want for him, do we settle or face the consequences?  (Those are two different things)

No.  If this gets close to week one, he's yours for a cup of coffee.  Actually pizza.  One pie a week for the season. 

All you gotta do is hold out till then and pray that no other QB goes down.  If I were your organization, I'd be wrapping Jimmy G in bubble wrap.

Edited by vegas492

38 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I'll be honest, I'm petty af - I'd rather do that then give the Jets what they want for pennies on the dollar. If we're suffering, you're suffering with us.

sassy ha ha GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I'll be honest, I'm petty af - I'd rather do that then give the Jets what they want for pennies on the dollar. If we're suffering, you're suffering with us.

sassy ha ha GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Made this point a few pages back. If this deal doesn't get done, we are all talking about who got f’ed the worse. lol.

Media is prepping for a trade though. The narrative was Rodgers was holding things up. But he squashed that on Wednesday. So the new narrative is starting to change to - the Packers have the leverage and even though they may not get a haul, it’s more than it should have been. Lots of people need to save face and be pacified. It’ll pass. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Made this point a few pages back. If this deal doesn't get done, we are all talking about who got f’ed the worse. lol.

Media is prepping for a trade though. The narrative was Rodgers was holding things up. But he squashed that on Wednesday. So the new narrative is starting to change to - the Packers have the leverage and even though they may not get a haul, it’s more than it should have been. Lots of people need to save face and be pacified. It’ll pass. 

Yep I don't even know what is being argued anymore on this thread ha. I have no doubt that these two teams are probably on better footing then what the fans are on this forum ha. I still stand by if one team was either changing terms or playing hardball the leaks would be out about it already. The fact that there is very little negative press to either the Jets or the Packers makes me seem like the deal is almost done and there may just be some questions on minor details to work out. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Yep I don't even know what is being argued anymore on this thread ha. I have no doubt that these two teams are probably on better footing then what the fans are on this forum ha. I still stand by if one team was either changing terms or playing hardball the leaks would be out about it already. The fact that there is very little negative press to either the Jets or the Packers makes me seem like the deal is almost done and there may just be some questions on minor details to work out. 

I agree. Hard to know what the hold up is. But Wingo has been the most accurate and he said this deal is 99% done.

The parameters of this deal were likely established before Rodgers spoke to the Jets. Not a coincidence but that was also around the time it was being reported that the Raiders were out. Likely the Jets had the best offer at that time. They’re likely just hammering out the details of the contract restructuring.

Edited by SDotNova

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

This is not a realistic outcome whatsoever at this point and telling yourself otherwise is a lie.

Literally.

Let me get this straight, the Packers can't wait up until right before Week 1 but the Jets can?

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

I agree. Hard to know what the hold up is. But Wingo has been the most accurate and he said this deal is 99% done. The parameters of this deal were likely established before Rodgers spoke to the Jets. Not a coincidence but that was also around the time it was being reported that the Raiders were out. Likely the Jets had the best offer at that time. They’re likely just hammering out the details of the contract restructuring.

But Rodgers just said it himself the other day that he's not the reason for the hold up.  Odds are it has to do with future pick(s) and the conditions on them.