What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Honestly, right, now? Yeah. He's done all the hard stuff. Aaron wants to play for the Jets. That's what really matters.

A GM that has a motivated Aaron Rodgers tied to his hip can play golf professionally for a few months, that's how valuable that is.

It's pretty clear that Aaron "wants" to play for the Jets only because it's the only team offering him a starting QB position currently. I'm not sure any hard work was "done" other than showing interest.

23 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

and then shoot a random mass mid-morning e-mail titled "Joe, why don't we have a good QB yet?" (I assume all NFL owners are the types of people who reply in the subject line.)

lol amazing how many of upper management at my office do this. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This "job on the line" stuff leaves out all of the ongoing owner involvement.

I should say, I only mentioned that because the idea of drafting a rookie was brought up. The only way Douglas' job would be on the line is if he traded up for a QB and they turned into another Wilson.

If Rodgers fails, I think they get one more shot at a new QB and that would be the end of the line

Edited by adamq

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

It's pretty clear that Aaron "wants" to play for the Jets only because it's the only team offering him a starting QB position currently. I'm not sure any hard work was "done" other than showing interest.

You can knock the work, but it's done.

The rest of the team around him is in, or pretty much in. The compensation has been mapped out, and by extension likely so has their draft (at least in broad strokes).

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You can knock the work, but it's done.

The rest of the team around him is in, or pretty much in. The compensation has been mapped out, and by extension likely so has their draft (at least in broad strokes).

You're the only one I've seen write out they don't think the Jets FO jobs are on the line. Frankly, it's a really surprising stance (and one I think heavily influenced for how you want the situation to be and not what it actually is).

I doubt Joe Douglas is as comfortable right now as you think he is. He's definitely GMing for his job in 2023.

1 minute ago, adamq said:

I should say, I only mentioned that because the idea of drafting a rookie was brought up. The only way Douglas' job would be on the line is if he traded up for a QB and they turned into another Wilson.

If Rodgers fails, I think they get one more shot at a new QB and that would be the end of the line

Would depend on why it failed.

If they don't get Rodgers because the Packers seriously intend to keep the guy without 2 1st round picks, it'd be an incredible dumb precedent for an owner to fire only the GM if the the entire organization decides to take a calculated risk. You're effectively telling the next GM who comes in they need to be desperate.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You're the only one I've seen write out they don't think the Jets FO jobs are on the line. Frankly, it's a really surprising stance (and one I think heavily influenced for how you want the situation to be and not what it actually is).

I doubt Joe Douglas is as comfortable right now as you think he is. He's definitely GMing for his job in 2023.

I'm not a fan of either team in the trade, nor of Rodgers. The only thing about this trade that is interesting to me is the leverage side of it. (And in regard to the leverage, it's a fascinating trade.)

Between the two of us, I'm far, far more neutral.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm not a fan of either team in the trade, nor of Rodgers. The only thing about this trade that is interesting to me is the leverage side of it.

Between the two of us, I'm far, far more neutral.

Are you sure? Your stance here is a significant outlier (including all other neutral parties who have opined on his job security).

Feels a lot like you're not as neutral as you think you are!

I'd be curious to see the overall team record and QB acquisitions of the last 10 GMs who have been fired to see how Douglas' results compare.

It just seems incredibly obvious that if the Jets don't have a successful 2023 (especially at the QB position), his time is undoubtedly up.

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Would depend on why it failed.

If they don't get Rodgers because the Packers seriously intend to keep the guy without 2 1st round picks, it'd be an incredible dumb precedent for an owner to fire only the GM if the the entire organization decides to take a calculated risk. You're effectively telling the next GM who comes in they need to be desperate.

There's no way the Packers expect to receive 2 firsts, but why not ask and start negotiations there? If Joe Douglas is not willing to pay market price for Rodgers, and cannot secure the deal to get him from GB (in a timely manner too, so he can adjust to his new surroundings) he absolutely deserves to lose his job. This is a layup for a GM.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Are you sure? Your stance here is a significant outlier (including all other neutral parties who have opined on his job security).

Feels a lot like you're not as neutral as you think you are!

Yes, I can confirm for you I did not turn into a Jets fan over the weekend.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yes, I can confirm for you I did not turn into a Jets fan over the weekend.

Give it a little more self loathing, and you'll be on your way to them, Cleveland or Detroit before you know it.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's no way the Packers expect to receive 2 firsts, but why not ask and start negotiations there? If Joe Douglas is not willing to pay market price for Rodgers, and cannot secure the deal to get him from GB (in a timely manner too, so he can adjust to his new surroundings) he absolutely deserves to lose his job. This is a layup for a GM.

What the Jets are offering is the “market price” 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Give it a little more self loathing, and you'll be on your way to them, Cleveland or Detroit before you know it.

Don't give me ideas.

I'd never considered it before now, but being an ironic Aaron Rodgers lead Jets fan in Wisconsin would be so mean.

I could even say it was the Favre trade that did it. People who know me would know it's not true, but my god would that piss off a stranger.

• Like 1