What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think it's comical right now that the Jets and Packers DIDN'T have a compensation package in principle already worked out "BEFORE" allowing talks to occur with Rodgers.

Whichever side ***'d that up (Jets) is an idiot! 

It makes you wonder if someone reneged after the fact. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, squire12 said:

returning to GB is an option.  Not the best option, but it does exist as an option. 

For it to be an option GB has to be able to do 1 of the following:

1. Have Rodgers return on a 60 million dollar 2023 cap charge without exercising his option

or

2. Exercise the option and have Rodgers money on their cap in 24/25 along with initializing a few provisos, a couple of quid pro quos, within the contract which make guarantees for 24/25 really messy for GB

Which one is a realistic option?

Edited by sinceAtikevike

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

It makes you wonder if someone reneged after the fact. 

If that was the case you would have expected one or both teams to be leaking like crazy that fact though. It just seems odd how little we have heard from the teams. 

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

It literally is not.

People absolutely said the same thing just last year when reports came out Rodgers was joining the Denver Broncos...like it was reported the trade was just in processing. We all know how that turned out. 

Now do I think the same thing will happen this season....no. However I wouldn't really be THAT surprised if he did stay because it JUST happened last season

2 hours ago, jetjuice said:

It literally is not.

It literally is an option.

Just a horrendous one.  It's just really, really, really low on the list of options available.  Either it's the last option, or next to last if the last option is retirement.

1 hour ago, Dbrog24 said:

People absolutely said the same thing just last year when reports came out Rodgers was joining the Denver Broncos...like it was reported the trade was just in processing. We all know how that turned out. 

I don't remember it being that far along, just rumors and discussions.

35 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It literally is an option.

Just a horrendous one.  It's just really, really, really low on the list of options available.  Either it's the last option, or next to last if the last option is retirement.

I'm sorry but in what world / scenario does Rodgers return to the Packers after all that's transpired? Is he backing up Jordan Love? Do the Packers have to eat their words about moving forward with Love? I find this to be a delusional take that Pack fans themselves don't even believe in an attempt to maintain any sort of leverage.

Edited by jetjuice
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbrog24 said:

Now do I think the same thing will happen this season....no. However I wouldn't really be THAT surprised if he did stay because it JUST happened last season

A lot can (and clearly DID) change in a year...

5 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I'm sorry but in what world / scenario does Rodgers return to the Packers after all that's transpired? Is he backing up Jordan Love? Do the Packers have to eat their words about moving forward with Love? I find this to be a delusional take that Pack fans themselves don't even believe in an attempt to maintain any sort of leverage.

You're just getting trolled over your use of literally.

The Packers have no desire to take Rodgers back, but he literally can play for GB this year, and for the next 2 years after.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

In what world can you not understand that it is an option?  He's under contract to GB.  

It is far, far, far away from any desirable outcome, but it is an option.  Just a horrendous one.