What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

“Better” - yes. 

That big a deal? Nope. Unless you think the odds of that SRP being a massive impact for the Packers in Year 1 is terribly high? Or even remotely close to 50/50?

Uh, where did I say teams shouldn’t add picks? 

I said y’all are being drama queens. 

“Are you really willing to go into the draft without an extra Day 2 pick????”

Uh, yes? If it means negotiating myself a better deal? Better question: are the Jets really willing to go into 2023 with Zach Wilson/another JAG?

I think a SRP can absolutely have a strong impact in year 1 and this is where we'll have to agree to disagree if you wanna continue to dismiss a top 45 pick NOW as a valuable asset. Look at Breece Hall who tore the Packers up in week 5 last year. He was a top 45 pick drafted on day 2 and probably would've won OROY had he stayed healthy. 

Again, the point I'm trying to make here is that are you willing to sit on that asset and not put that top 45 pick, which - no matter what you say - gives the Packers a shot at an impact player, when you have Jordan Love in the last year of his rookie deal? Don't you want to give him the best shot at success?

Ever heard of TVM? Same thing applies to draft picks. This is why I believe the draft is serving as the de facto deadline for this trade, because having to wait an entire year to use the compensation from this trade to improve your team is foolish.

11 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I think a SRP can absolutely have a strong impact in year 1 and this is where we'll have to agree to disagree if you wanna continue to dismiss a top 45 pick NOW as a valuable asset. Look at Breece Hall who tore the Packers up in week 5 last year. He was a top 45 pick drafted on day 2 and probably would've won OROY had he stayed healthy. 

What about Logan Hall? Or Roger McCreary? Or Lewis Cine?

Yeah, the numbers game disagrees with you.

11 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Again, the point I'm trying to make here is that are you willing to sit on that asset and not put that top 45 pick, which - no matter what you say - gives the Packers a shot at an impact player, when you have Jordan Love in the last year of his rookie deal? Don't you want to give him the best shot at success?

I want to give my team the best shot at success, and a FRP in 2024> a SRP in 2023.

Don’t you want to give the Jets the best chance to win 2023? Are the Jets really okay going into the season with Zach Wilson and a JAG at QB?

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

What about Logan Hall? Or Roger McCreary? Or Lewis Cine?

Yeah, the numbers game disagrees with you.

I want to give my team the best shot at success, and a FRP in 2024> a SRP in 2023.

Don’t you want to give the Jets the best chance to win 2023? Are the Jets really okay going into the season with Zach Wilson and a JAG at QB?

Lewis Cine was a 1st rounder buddy. Also a SRP in 2023 = a FRP in 2024. I doubt that's the holdup because I would imagine a 2024 pick would be conditional and could reach FRP, rather I think it's over 13 this year which seems to be out of the question. 

But ok if you would rather be stubborn and pay your former star QB to sit at home and get nothing for him that could otherwise be put towards Jordan Love's supporting cast, go right ahead. 

Not exactly sure what makes you think Rodgers market value is gonna be a FRP the older he gets if it's not a FRP now. 

The value of Rodgers for an owner's pocketbook is very different than his value on the field. If I were the jets, I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd for on the field production (I don't care about the mvp stuff). If you're looking to actually win anything meaningful, you`re far better off looking somewhere else compared to what you might give up in a trade.  If you're looking to make some money, but stay irrelevant, Rodgers makes a lot of sense.

Would love to know who is really holding this trade up? Jets trying to get him for peanuts, pennies on the dollar? Or Packers trying to get a haul?

No reason this shouldn't of been completed by now. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

23 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Would love to know who is really holding this trade up? Jets trying to get him for peanuts, pennies on the dollar? Or Packers trying to get a haul?

Probably both. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Fair compensation.

Would be a 2023 day 2 pick, 2024 conditional pick.

Anything more than that is asking for too much. The Jets trying to win next season isn't going to give away the 13th overall pick when that very well could be a instant impact starter for us. 

We have holes still on the OL, DL, LB, and safety. We need draft picks where we do most of our work on improving the team usually. 

Expecting a ton back for a QB pushing 40 who maybe plays 1 year is ridiculous. No one around the league believes that other than the Packers. In the end, the Packers will take what they can get because this benefits both teams. The Packers get their wish of moving on so they can start Love on his 4th year of his rookie contract, the Jets get a QB for the next year maybe 2. 

Anyone thinking a day 2 pick and a 2024 conditional pick is peanuts is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

If I had to guess, I'd say that '24 conditional pick is probably the hold up.  I'd imagine the Packers want something that rewards Green Bay for the Jets' team success and/or Rodgers' individual success, and the Jets want protection in case Rodgers' retires after a year.  I could see a scenario in which the Packers trade a conditional '25 pick based on whether or not Rodgers plays the '24 season.  Imagine giving up a '24 FRP (and not winning the Super Bowl) and then seeing Rodgers retire after this upcoming season.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Anyone thinking a day 2 pick and a 2024 conditional pick is peanuts is ridiculous. 

That's a pretty wide range.  Let's narrow it down.  Are you talking about the Jets' 2nd or 3rd round pick?  And what kind of conditions are you talking about?

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm curious as well. If either team had a deal and then went back on it that's pretty crappy and they should be called out on it. I don't mind either team sticking to their guns though if that is not the case. They both have their points. 

I think it will still be completed before the draft.