What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

If that’s the case then what Rodgers is truly unsure if he wants to play or he’s waiting for another team to jump in? You’d think he would have already decided on playing 100% before even meeting with the Jets

He does things at his own speed or wants to break the news himself on McAfee show because he despises the Schefter types.  Who knows with him, definitely a unique person.

32 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

If that’s the case then what Rodgers is truly unsure if he wants to play or he’s waiting for another team to jump in? You’d think he would have already decided on playing 100% before even meeting with the Jets

I think that’s the hold up. He is undecided about playing for the Jets. Can’t blame him. Even with Rodgers, we still need to fix the OL. It’s a bit of leap on his part. He has to trust Joe Douglas can finish building the team this offseason.

In his interview after he came back from his darkness retreat, he said he was comfortable retiring and comfortable playing. He thought through both and was fine either way. The thing is, he has to believe playing for the NYJ is better than retirement. When you are already happy to retire, what are the chances you say, “screw it, let me go to the team that hasn't made the playoffs in two decades”. It’s not an easy decision.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Greeny has no sources, Mike Garafolo just said that the Packers aren't asking for a huge amount. Just want fair compensation enough to just move on and turn over to Love. The Packers want to move on from Rodgers, they are basically asking for someone to take him. This isn't the Packers saying "either offer me the sun or we are rolling it with Rodgers and trading Love away". 

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Greeny has no sources, Mike Garafolo just said that the Packers aren't asking for a huge amount. Just want fair compensation enough to just move on and turn over to Love. The Packers want to move on from Rodgers, they are basically asking for someone to take him. This isn't the Packers saying "either offer me the sun or we are rolling it with Rodgers and trading Love away". 

Retirement?

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:

I think that’s the hold up. He is undecided about playing for the Jets. Can’t blame him. Even with Rodgers, we still need to fix the OL. It’s a bit of leap on his part. He has to trust Joe Douglas can finish building the team this offseason.

In his interview after he came back from his darkness retreat, he said he was comfortable retiring and comfortable playing. He thought through both and was fine either way. The thing is, he has to believe playing for the NYJ is better than retirement. When you are already happy to retire, what are the chances you say, “screw it, let me go to the team that hasn't made the playoffs in two decades”. It’s not an easy decision.

He made up his mind last year when we gave him 150 million over 3 years. Does anyone actually believe he's going to retire? He did the exact same thing with Denver last year and people still fall for it.

The only thing he's ever consistently said was he wants to retire a Packer. I'm 100% convinced this is all just another ploy by him to hold the Packers hostage as long as he possibly can.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Listen, if Tom Brady is TRULY retiring - there's no shot that Aaron is going to retire as well. He's an interesting character no doubt about it. However, there's no shot he's going to share the stage with Tom Brady 5 years from now at the Hall of Fame ceremony. Tom Brady retires this year and Aaron Rodgers plays. I'd bet everything I have that his ego will not allow him to share that stage with someone who is widely considered the GOAT at the same position he plays. That's not a dig, I don't think any one of us in that same situation would want that. 

• Like 2

Rodgers is soaking up all this attention.  He is enjoying this pseudo free agency being courted by teams.  

He said he didn't want to drag things out....

This may be a power trip as he has multiple franchises waiting for him to make a decision.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers is soaking up all this attention.  He is enjoying this pseudo free agency being courted by teams.  

He said he didn't want to drag things out....

This may be a power trip as he has multiple franchises waiting for him to make a decision.

It's so freakin obvious,  it's comical.  Going to be hilarious when he says I want to remain Packer, and thier FO panics and says, We don't want you!!!

9 hours ago, SDotNova said:

There’s always this hope that you can get haul of picks. The hope of the unknown I guess.

Based on reliable insiders, Rodgers is deciding between retiring and playing for the Jets. The Jets are trying their best to convince him to play.

I’ve read GB fans suggest that Rodgers will negotiate on behalf of GB to leave on good terms with the fans and to pacify his ego. Saying, no way will Rodgers allow himself to get traded for anything less than two 1st. That’s some other level type of hope.

The longer this drags out, the more I believe he will just retire.

I don't think any part of this post is true except the first paragraph.

There's no insider that says it's between retiring and playing for the Jets.  The Packers would probably be pretty pleased if Rodgers opted to retire, because they wouldn't have to deal with the optics of trading Rodgers.  Returning to Green Bay is a very real option despite your opinion otherwise.

I'm not sure any realistic Packers' fans are suggesting that Rodgers is negotiating on Green Bay's behalf, although I do think you underestimate Rodgers' ego.  And I'd be VERY surprised if Rodgers fetched 2 FRPs unless one of those was heavily conditional-based.

8 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Jets seem to think this is happening.

Feels like I've heard this somewhere before 😅. Inbefore Jets massive overpay or get their hearts crushed like the Broncos and then get their hearts crushed by Jimmy G