What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"We wanted to help Aaron achieve what he wanted" kills the leverage debate.

I agree. Imagine having so much leverage you can worry about keeping an ex-employee happy for no reason other than being good people.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Basically appealing to him in the open to go to NY

this is the vibe I definitely got

our FO is happy w/ the trade package and it's just contingent on Aaron wanting to join NY. So he's buttering him up in the media by saying 'Aaron's wants come first [and we want him to choose NY]'

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"We wanted to help Aaron achieve what he wanted" kills the leverage debate. Packers confirming they were between a rock and a hard place.

It’s been pretty obvious that the Jets are the only team truly interested in trading for Rodgers. I don’t think this statement changes anything from a leverage standpoint. The Jets being the only trade partner is already factored in. This just publically confirms it to those that doubted it.

The key thing this statement does is to start the process of saying goodbye. And to also light a fire under Rodgers to move things along.

The Packers want Love to start. That much has been clear and is abundantly clear in his statement.

20 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If you can lose leverage immediately because of something that the other party controls, you don't have leverage.

We don't need leverage anymore, reading between the lines there from Murphy, everything is is agreed upon with the Jets. All everyone is waiting for is Aaron's OK. Kiss his butt until we get it and sign the paperwork. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I've been reading the back and forth all morning on this and the only logical take away I got out of all of it is that the only sensible thing to do as a Green Bay Packer fan in this very moment is to get high, order a couple rolls of sushi w/ a steak & chicken hibachi lunch (to go of course), eat the sushi, take a nap, wake up hit the cart again and then eat the lunch and hope that by the time the buzz comes down we can all be talking about what this trade does for the Jets and the Packers as organizations as opposed to what the compensation is going to be. 

This part has been completed, I'll be back after part 2 and hopefully we have an answer by then, if not, rinse and repeat tomorrow. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I'm just gonna warn any positive Jets fans out there. He may come back motivated to prove the Packers wrong and he'll give you one hell of a regular season, but when the playoff lights shine bright, he's going to cave. He's going to abandoned the entire offense for what he thinks is best. He's going to revert back to being the all knowing QB that can do no wrong. My only ask? Make sure the NY media kills him for it like the GB media wouldn't do so they could crawl up his *** and hope to get the next great scoop.

• Like 5

It’s all up for interpretation, but to me that read like everything’s set, they’re just waiting for Aaron to decide what he wants to do. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if, either just before or just after the draft/FA begins, A-Rod steals the spotlight. One way or another.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t think Rodgers wants to play for the Jets but I think he will because he wants to play and doesn’t have options elsewhere.

If he doesn't want to go there he can stay in Green Bay. If he's really that vindictive he'll make them sit Love one more year then do this again after they pick up Love's option.

Edited by NudeTayne

If the Jets don’t get Rodgers I’m trying to see what their plan is lol. Their lockeroom is openly campaigning for Rodgers and Wilson is a Jamarcus Russell level bust. They flat out can’t start him next year. 

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm just gonna warn any positive Jets fans out there. He may come back motivated to prove the Packers wrong and he'll give you one hell of a regular season, but when the playoff lights shine bright, he's going to cave. He's going to abandoned the entire offense for what he thinks is best. He's going to revert back to being the all knowing QB that can do no wrong. My only ask? Make sure the NY media kills him for it like the GB media wouldn't do so they could crawl up his *** and hope to get the next great scoop.

They don't have to worry about it until the super bowl. That's the earliest Rodgers would have to play the 49ers if he were on the Jets