Arrest warrant issued for Bengals RB Joe Mixon

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is the video. I don't think it helps his case much at all. The people who are looking for excuses will say she slapped him, but her wrist is clearly limp in the video the whole time, Mixon's face doesn't move from the slap at all, and he's already cocking his arm back for the sucker punch when she makes contact.

Not that it really matters, but that wasn’t a sucker punch, quite the opposite. If you put your hands on someone, man or woman, prepare to suffer the potential consequences of your actions. As ugly as that sounds, it’s the world we live in. It also goes without saying that the heinous contents of that video are indefensible.

It will be interesting to see what the team does moving forward. He was already a cut candidate before this news broke, although the Bengals are traditionally steadfast in honouring their contracts. Personally, I thought at times this year Perine was the better back, so I am certainly not opposed to see his release strictly from a cap perspective. The money would be more useful elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I mean - would it be the worst idea in the world to cut Mixon, use the savings to sign T Mike McGlinchey from SF and draft Jahmyr Gibbs in the 1st? 

In my mind, it is always a mistake to select a RB in the first round, so I don't know if that is a great idea.  But using the savings to get McGlinchey and draft another OL, would probably do wonders for the Bengals.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

In my mind, it is always a mistake to select a RB in the first round, so I don't know if that is a great idea.  But using the savings to get McGlinchey and draft another OL, would probably do wonders for the Bengals.

Not to get on a tangent (but totally about to get on a tangent): I traditionally think in similar ways with RBs, but I also look at each draft as a different animal year to year. Some years, there are no RBs that will provide a sustainable bit of production that should warrant a FRP - but if you have guys like Bijan Robinson and Gibbs (three down featured RBs) you run them into the ground for five years and count down the days until you let him hit free agency (especially when you’re picking late 1st - I think the #2 RB is always better on the roster than perhaps the 7th or 8th OL in the draft).

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not to get on a tangent (but totally about to get on a tangent): I traditionally think in similar ways with RBs, but I also look at each draft as a different animal year to year. Some years, there are no RBs that will provide a sustainable bit of production that should warrant a FRP - but if you have guys like Bijan Robinson and Gibbs (three down featured RBs) you run them into the ground for five years and count down the days until you let him hit free agency (especially when you’re picking late 1st - I think the #2 RB is always better on the roster than perhaps the 7th or 8th OL in the draft).

I don't disagree.  A lot also has to do with the RB in question.  Saquon or Adrian Peterson is worth a first round pick.  But at the same time, even late in the first, CEH was the first RB off the board, and he stinks.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Not that it really matters, but that wasn’t a sucker punch, quite the opposite.

Her face was a foot away from his, his arm actually starts the punching motion at her side, and she never saw his fist despite being hit hard enough to break 4 bones in her face. That's 100% a sucker punch.

Here's the Merriam-Webster definition:

to punch (a person) suddenly without warning and often without apparent provocation

He didn't warn her, and it was obviously sudden. The fact that he was provoked is not a requirement for the formal definition of the word sucker punch - definitely still qualifies. The informal definition, a sudden punch the other party has no realistic way of defending, also definitely qualifies.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'd treat primarily pass catching and pass blocking RBs differently than traditional RBs. They shouldn't need to take as much punishment and that means you should be able to get a second contract out of them.

Agreed that traditional 1st and 10 RBs are not worth investing in. Mid round pick for scheme fit, give the dude his rookie contact, and let him sleep in a dumpster while he gets ready for FA while you protect the pass catching/pass blocking RB.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Get McGlinchey, draft Dawand Jones at 28 for RT, trade Jonah Williams and La'el Collins for a couple of day 3 picks, draft a RB somewhere in rds 2-6, draft another OL depth on day 3 and maybe FA depth as well.

• Like 3

It’s hard to believe the mental gymnastics I am reading here when Mixon knocked that woman out cold. People need to grow up. Walk away, guard your face with your arms, whatever, but you don’t punch a woman, even if she is being a dingbat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Trashy organization is trash.

This ain't Twitter. Find a new slant.

I still remember when one of their JAGs had a cheap cut block on Kayvon that sidelined him for a few games.

That was discussed ad nauseum as a completely legal play by league experts.

• Like 1

Trashy organization is trash. I still remember when one of their JAGs had a cheap cut block on Kayvon that sidelined him for a few games.

Are you talking about that completely legal and oft used block that is used by every team in the NFL?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:
3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

If you put your hands on someone, man or woman, prepare to suffer the potential consequences of your actions.

This guy gets it.

Yep, a 4 year old boy came up to me at the store and slapped my leg, I knocked his pampered *** out. 

• Like 2

During his draft year, I stated, (not this board as I wasn't here at the time) that he deserved to go undrafted. I got ridiculed. I still stand by my thought's. He's a p.o.s

This surprises not at all. I don't for a second think this is the only thing that has happened since college. It's just the only one I've heard about. 

• Like 2