Steichen gets Colts HC Gig, Gannon goes to AZ

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

My issue with this is, now I have no idea how to scout players for our defense. -_-

Hopefully we know soon, not too long til the combine. Need to get that all together.

Really wish the NFL just froze everything til after the Super Bowl. Bump the combine, and free agency back two weeks or so.

Yeah there will be tampering, but really puts teams in a bad spot and also sometimes the coaches.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I would guess Marcus Brady probably goes to QB coach, with Brian Johnson moving to OC

For DC

Dennard Wilson might just get elevated on defensive. Chris Harris was with some of them in SD/LA, with the Titans now. Reports Jerod Mayo wants to go out on his own away from the Pats, they liked him as a HC candidate. 

How has Mayo done? I always tend to like coaches that actually played the game. Not saying it's right or wrong but just something I like seeing

5 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

How has Mayo done? I always tend to like coaches that actually played the game. Not saying it's right or wrong but just something I like seeing

Hard to tell in that enigma of a staff Belichick has. Being a former Lb and playing in that multiple/adaptive defense himself for so long, would imagine he’d be solid at DC. Especially with the love he was getting for Head Coach.

• Like 1

My feelings on Gannon changed week to week. I was cool with him staying around before the SB. Now I don’t care about losing him. Regardless he was always way to passive for my liking. I don’t recall one zero blitz ever. Not saying that’s how you win ballgames in the nfl. But it does speak on how his philosophy outweighs his moment to moment approach. Which is ok but there’s grey area in coaching. Not every opponent is going to be approached the same way. Sometimes you need to be ready to throw the unexpected at them. Sometimes you need at alter and throw a wrinkle in mid game. Don’t know if I was confident he had the fortitude to do that. As long as the next DC prioritizes disrupting  the QBs feet and throwing times I’m all good. 

21 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

will be interesting how a new DC views Jordan Davis

I wonder how FO views Davis when it comes to finding a new DC. Is he one of our building blocks and thus we’ll prioritize finding a coach who employs a nose tackle?

…and I know he can line up elsewhere, but you’re not playing to his freakish traits if you’re not lining him up over the center.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss