Did your team meet your expectations for the 2022 season?

49ersfan

Looking at expectations before the season: Definitely No! 

Looking at how the season went, with all the injuries and all the issues this team had structurally, playcalling wise (on both sides), and how poorly they managed the roster through all those injuries was, then...

Yes they surpassed my expectations by reaching the playoffs.... Only for all those issues I mentioned to catch up with is, in a epic colapse. 

What happened doesn't eclipse how much this roster underperformed and how many glaring holes it had. 

• Like 1

I mean even with the injuries, had to be the most disappointing of all. Worst record from a Super Bowl champ since god knows when...

It was so bad that despite the reality that several teams haven't won a Super Bowl or haven't won one in so many years, I still basically checked out and watched the games, but didn't have much energy to engage beyond like I usually do

On 2/13/2023 at 2:50 PM, Sugashane said:

Bears did better than I expected once Poles started moving Mack and Co. Expected a 2-3 head-scratching wins more but also expected to get demolished way more and a bottom 3 offense and defense even with Smith, so definitely better offensively at least. Also they got the top pick so very happy about that.

I still have a ton of questions about the team, coaching, etc but happier than I expected with the outcome.

I’m convinced they’re winless this year without JF1.

On 2/14/2023 at 5:49 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nope, fell just short of reaching the Super Bowl. I don't think the season was a failure, especially considering we won 12 consecutive games before the NFCCG and did it mainly with the 3rd string rookie QB. However, eventually this team needs to break through and actually win it all. Getting close is not good enough. 

Your expectations were the super bowl? Like, start of the season with Lance? Or did you change them as the season went on? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Your expectations were the super bowl? Like, start of the season with Lance? Or did you change them as the season went on? 

Yes to both. I figured Lance by season's end would be a bigger playmaker and more effective than Jimmy and the team would be able to make a run at the SB. And then after we got CMC and the way we started to look? It was definitely SB or bust, even with Purdy at QB. 

21 hours ago, malak1 said:

I’m convinced they’re winless this year without JF1.

Considerably worse, but not winless. The one score losses were essentially entirely on him for being as close as we were. But the Texans win was won more despite him, carried by Herbert. The 9ers game was just a mess. Patriots win, Jones and Zappe combined for 3 ints, but Fields had a good game too. Hard to tell if a backup would’ve been bad enough to erase the advantages.