Where does Derek Carr land?

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I have no idea why, but Carolina feels like the right choice here.

Depends on whether Frank wants to tie his future success on yet another Veteran QB or draft a "Potential" Cam Newton in Anthony Richardson on a Rookie deal? Save the 40M and spend it elsewhere.?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Depends on whether Frank wants to tie his future success on yet another Veteran QB or draft a "Potential" Cam Newton in Anthony Richardson on a Rookie deal? Save the 40M and spend it elsewhere.?

Why not both?  I could easily see a situation where the Panthers offer up a big 2 or 3 year deal and then take a QB with their FRP to develop behind him.  Spend 2 years with Carr as their QB, and then in Y3 have the rookie takeover.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why not both?  I could easily see a situation where the Panthers offer up a big 2 or 3 year deal and then take a QB with their FRP to develop behind him.  Spend 2 years with Carr as their QB, and then in Y3 have the rookie takeover.

I don’t see it. The Panthers aren’t in a good cap situation, they are going to need to restructure a lot of money and push it to ‘24. What are they hoping to gain with Carr? 9-8 or 10-7? Save that money and build up the rest of the team with a young or cheap veteran. Carr is going to try and get the biggest contract he can get,

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Why would Carr knowingly (it would be asked) want to sign with a team who would draft a Rookie QB with pick #7, instead of as the Organization helping him out now with either a weapon, protection or defensive player? Having to constantly look over his shoulder?

He wouldn’t. 

A lot depends on Rodgers. If he comes back, NYJ will put the full court press on him.. if ARon retires or rebukes them, I think they offer Carr more than anyone else does. The 3rd best option for them is Jimmy G, and they know how that ends all too well