Where does Derek Carr land?

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Makes NY sound pretty desperate.

I mean, Carr still probably has enough time left in his career to experience a revival, make a Superbowl or even 2, rack up some accolades, and make a HoF push when all is said and done. His numbers aren't awful and could improve and if they do, he may even get some leeway for being stuck with the Raiders for so long. He probably has 7-8 more years, so it's not entirely impossible to rack enough hardware up. 

But it would take much much much more than just winning a SB for the Jets to get him there. 

He'd likely have to win multiple MVPs and Super Bowls with the Jets to be a HOFer. There are only 27 QB's in the HOF all time and basically all of them were great for most of their career. If Carr's making it then like half the league is on a HOF path.

18 hours ago, adamq said:

David is blowing smoke. @Tayneinthehouse will guarantee that Carr signs before free agency begins. He loses all leverage if he waits. Right now a team can "set it and forget it" by signing him now. I like the Jets as the fit. The ight thing that would stop that is if it looks like Rodgers is going there.

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Carr isn't the type of player that would willingly sign up to be a bridge guy, where ever he goes next is probably where he'd like to spend the rest of his career. 

Want nothing to do with him if that’s the case

Whether it’s Carr/Rodgers/Jimmy we still need to go back to the draft 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I mean, Carr still probably has enough time left in his career to experience a revival, make a Superbowl or even 2, rack up some accolades, and make a HoF push when all is said and done. His numbers aren't awful and could improve and if they do, he may even get some leeway for being stuck with the Raiders for so long. He probably has 7-8 more years, so it's not entirely impossible to rack enough hardware up. 

But it would take much much much more than just winning a SB for the Jets to get him there. 

My man said “HOF push” lol

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

David is blowing smoke. @Tayneinthehouse will guarantee that Carr signs before free agency begins. He loses all leverage if he waits. Right now a team can "set it and forget it" by signing him now. I like the Jets as the fit. The ight thing that would stop that is if it looks like Rodgers is going there.

You’re right, however the way his value gets absolutely maximized is if something firm happens with Rodgers (he retires/Green Bay makes it clear he’s not getting traded). It’s a gamble (that he shouldn’t take), but he’d be the hottest commodity on the market and would join Jimmy as the only viableish starting QBs that’ll fit free agency.

22 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Want nothing to do with him if that’s the case

Whether it’s Carr/Rodgers/Jimmy we still need to go back to the draft 

I doubt that you're paying Carr $35M+ APY and then looking to immediately draft his potential heir apparent. You make that type of commitment if you're confident with him as your guy going forward. 

20 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

7-8 more years? Carr isn’t the type to play til 37. His passion for the game had always been suspect and he has always hinted towards retiring early for religion and family. 35 topps. 

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Derek.... we think you can win championships and be a first ballot HOF'er. But standby, we gotta see what Aaron says comes out of hiding. 

Deserves a Deshaun Watson contract if they think they’re signing a first ballot HOFer and multiple time SB champion!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

7-8 more years? Carr isn’t the type to play til 37. His passion for the game had always been suspect and he has always hinted towards retiring early for religion and family. 35 topps. 

Maybe, maybe not. 

He was also going to retire rather than play elsewhere, and that's not the case anymore either.