Official 2023 Combine Thread

goldfishwars

4 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Washington is similar as a blocker. Mayer is viewed primarily as a receiver.

That said, the hype train is a bit over the top on Mayer. He's not Gronk II, or Kelce II, or even Jimmy Graham II. You  hope for Greg Olsen II.

I think the one most are thinking of when they think of the high end of who Michael Mayer could be it's Jason Witten.

8 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Washington is similar as a blocker. Mayer is viewed primarily as a receiver.

That said, the hype train is a bit over the top on Mayer. He's not Gronk II, or Kelce II, or even Jimmy Graham II. You  hope for Greg Olsen II.

Mayer isn’t a blocker? News to me 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, sometimes rookies who are approximately the same age as 5 year NFL veterans are fine, but you really only want to take that risk when the talent is exceptional and it's just not with Bennett.  It's okay to be a good college player who's just not going to be an NFL guy.

Yeah thats a problem if you are taking him round 1 but in round 5 to 7 i don't see the issue at all.  He is still young enough that you can get a 10 year career from him as atleast a backup and if he hits a starter. 

Will Levis has some crap mechanics.  Odd release, not a solid base, small feet it seems and lower body in general.  Sure the guy has "guns" huge arms for a QB and has a strong arm, just not a fan of that release or his footwork at all.  Some odd throws coming from him no question in the shorter stuff, will see how he looks with the longer throws.

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Will Levis has some crap mechanics.  Odd release, not a solid base, small feet it seems and lower body in general.  Sure the guy has "guns" huge arms for a QB and has a strong arm, just not a fan of that release or his footwork at all.  Some odd throws coming from him no question in the shorter stuff, will see how he looks with the longer throws.

Hasn’t been impressive. Same ball speed at 59mph as Bennett too