Dolphins CB Byron Jones retiring

RaidersAreOne

Comments like these from Byron Jones right here (and from multiple other players after or during their career) are making me so ambivalent about the fact that the NFL is definitely my (only) favorite sport. Wish there was a way for the sport to stay roughly the same but without all those life-altering injuries for the players. 
Enjoy retirement Byron and hopefully get better! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

He heard that he’d have to pay close to $4,500,000 back and put the ball back in Miami’s court to cut him, I bet. Not like he has to sign somewhere else after being cut, y’know… he can retire after the financial situation is resolved in other ways.

Miami could be petty and not cut him, but that’s a lot of cap space to let sit there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He heard that he’d have to pay close to $4,500,000 back and put the ball back in Miami’s court to cut him, I bet. Not like he has to sign somewhere else after being cut, y’know… he can retire after the financial situation is resolved in other ways.

Miami could be petty and not cut him, but that’s a lot of cap space to let sit there.

he could report to camp, but if he can't run or jump, it is a difficult position he plays to have those issues

9 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Comments like these from Byron Jones right here (and from multiple other players after or during their career) are making me so ambivalent about the fact that the NFL is definitely my (only) favorite sport. Wish there was a way for the sport to stay roughly the same but without all those life-altering injuries for the players. 
Enjoy retirement Byron and hopefully get better! 

Curling is a fun sport

It would get really big if everyone bought it

The sport is only as good as its fans

• 2 weeks later...