Arrest warrant issued for potential 1st overall pick DT Jalen Carter

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It'd be wild if he fell to 15 or even further. Imagine if the Texans got him at 12 to go with their QB. That'd look like a nice draft. Detroit at 18 is probably his floor.

Or the reason he'd fall all the way to 12 to begin with would still apply to Houston.

• Like 1

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

Or the reason he'd fall all the way to 12 to begin with would still apply to Houston.

Sure sure, but the draft position would be reflective of implied risk. I could see Demeco being the right guy to get him focused to reach his potential.

Just now, Louis Friend said:
1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

With everything that has happened and now a poor workout, I dont see him as a 1st round pick

I see him as a top ten pick. 

I see him outside the top 10, but no lower than 20. This reminds me of former Ole Miss/Arizona Cardinals DT Robert Nkemdiche - destined top 5 pick, poor combine/workouts along with off the field concerns dropping him to 29.

I don’t think Carter will fall THAT far, but today was a huge red flag - the Pro Day workout is scripted by the player and their representation; Given the hoopla around the arrest warrant, Carter needed to show up and show off in a big way to change his narrative. He did the *stark opposite* of that today, so now there’s a work ethic and preparation question to go along with the off the field issues. Is this a guy you want to give a $12mm signing bonus to?

I’m almost certain he’s going to disappoint on his first NFL team. Maybe his 2nd team he’ll get it together - but he’s got some growing up to do.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I see him as a top ten pick. 

You might end up being right. I see character red flags and a lack of work ethic, he came into his Pro Day heavier than he was at the combine, had a poor workout, and said everything ppl need to know is on the tape.

Just because you played extremely well at georgia doesn't mean you have done enough and you can just quit trying now. I can definitely see somebody drafting this guy high. I can also see them severely regretting it

18 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

This is a big deal. I don't want him at 6. 18? Sure.

He has off field concerns AND he's lazy? Boo. Is he a young Albert Haynesworth?

Well, if he is you'll get one of the most dominant DT's in the history of the game for 2 years. Just don't pay him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

This is a big deal. I don't want him at 6. 18? Sure.

He has off field concerns AND he's lazy? Boo. Is he a young Albert Haynesworth?

Honestly - if he’s there at 12, I’d prefer to get a nice return on a trade down vs picking him. Even with Ryans as somebody who could be a positive influence on him - the risk is too great that he’ll do something stupid or he’ll not put in the work.