Arrest warrant issued for potential 1st overall pick DT Jalen Carter

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Sit home all you want 

the game is SuperBowls not character 

look at every Super Bowl team most of them got something  

**** Frank Clark has a dozen character issues

but that man got pressure during the playoffs that’s for sure. 

Joe Mixon as we know has had issues and he was in the afc championship game

list goes and on and on 

this ain’t the Girl Scouts. Part of the game is navigating through issues players have. 

And your team constantly sits at home in February...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

And your team constantly sits at home in February...

I don’t want to get this into a Browns thing cause that’d get us off topic 

But if the Bears pass on Carter after a trade down from this I’m 99.9 percent sure they’d regret it 

I agree with brownie man.

NFL has plenty of scumbags, some of them even win the Super Bowl. 

Only thing I would say to drafting Carter is if you believe he'll do something stupid again. But if you think this is a one time thing and he gets only a misdemeanor, who cares, you draft him.

Edited by General Tso

51 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I agree with brownie man.

NFL has plenty of scumbags, some of them even win the Super Bowl. 

Only thing I would say to drafting Carter is if you believe he'll do something stupid again. But if you think this is a one time thing and he gets only a misdemeanor, who cares, you draft him.

I don't believe anyone says he'll be undrafted or deserved to be banned from the NFL, but it's a topic that teams are going to discuss and investigate that they probably weren't concerned with yesterday. It's going to affect the stock of not only him but the other guys drafted around him. It cannot be completely disregarded though. He left the scene where two friends of his died and allegedly he lied to the police about it on multiple occasions. It's not even the racing for me. This makes me question his character and judgement. It also makes me question the program at Georgia. This is now two drafts in a row their top draft prospect has had questionable vehicle incidents right before the draft that got largely swept under the rug. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Sit home all you want 

the game is SuperBowls not character 

look at every Super Bowl team most of them got something  

**** Frank Clark has a dozen character issues

but that man got pressure during the playoffs that’s for sure. 

Joe Mixon as we know has had issues and he was in the afc championship game

list goes and on and on 

this ain’t the Girl Scouts. Part of the game is navigating through issues players have. 

Idk about Clark but Mixon fell in the draft after his incident

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Serious question, what's the big difference in this vs Collins a long time ago? Wasnt Collins just questioned about a murder and was a UDFA because of it? I didn't think he was ever a legit suspect or did anything questionable but that was a long time ago and im probably misremembering 

If I remember correctly, he was being questioned about a murder of a pregnant woman and there were very limited details of the investigation at that time. Which is why I believe teams will look into this very closely. Not that either is guilty, but it's a very bad look and you need to protect your investment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

If I remember correctly, he was being questioned about a murder of a pregnant woman and there were very limited details of the investigation at that time. Which is why I believe teams will look into this very closely. Not that either is guilty, but it's a very bad look and you need to protect your investment. 

But at least what happened with Carter is bad judgment. Did Collins do anything like that?

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

But at least what happened with Carter is bad judgment. Did Collins do anything like that?

I don't remember him being involved, just that he knew the woman. Jalen was directly involved in this even if not responsible. It's the fleeing and lying for me, TBH. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mse326 said:

You need a warrant for a blood sample. So there would have to be probable cause that he was drinking or was involved in the incident. They may have have suspected he was racing, or alcohol was involved with her as the officer he talked to said he appeared sober, but until footage came along there likely wasn't enough for probable cause. I don't know what they new and when but it can't simply be SOP, there needs to be probable cause that he was drinking

To add to this, idk what it’s like in that county of GA, but where i work after we write a search warrant we first have to send it to our states attorneys office to approve it.  Then we can bring it to a judge.  Waiting for the SAO to approve it is a crapshoot - I’ve had warrants approved in less than an hour and I’ve waited 7 hours to get them approved.  Factor in the time of night of this crash, they’re likely not going to their local court house.  They’re waking up an on-call judge and meeting at the judges house, a nearby PD, coffee shop, etc.  and only then can they execute the warrant.  It takes a lot of time.  And all that time, Carter is going to have to be detained.  

So like you eluded to, to get that warrant, they’re going to need PC to charge him with DUI based on the officers observations alone at that time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

It turned out that (evidently) he didn’t do anything. But the issue broke very close to the draft, maybe a couple days before? And it seemed unclear at the time whether he was suspect or witness or what — as I recall, it felt like the police were playing it kinda coy about the issue (although articles I just pulled up seem much more clear that they “knew” he wasn’t involved).

The other thing that made Collins go undrafted was the fact that apparently he demanded that no one take him beyond the 3rd round. Was still pretty surprised that no one jumped on him before then, though. I guess teams just couldn’t get their due diligence done in time to feel comfortable rolling the dice.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1