Arrest warrant issued for potential 1st overall pick DT Jalen Carter

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Correct, but none of those guys were considered the best player in their classes and one of the best at their positions in a long time.

True but the capital used will make the it riskier. Easier to miss on:

La’el Collins - UDFA

Reuben Foster - Pick 31

Randy Gregory - Pick 60

You take Jalen Carter top 5 and it turns out to be a Reuben Foster situation that could cost your job. On the other hand it could also turn out to be a Tunsil situation. 

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Exactly. It is a huge deal for the every day person reading this story. Definitely makes Carter someone who is much harder to root for. For the NFL and GM's? It is really insignificant.

Not so sure for the Raiders after the Ruggs incident. That would be a pretty awful and insensitive look.

42 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wait...did he flee? I'm not that caught up on any of it. 

If so....yeah that's not good. Hard to get someone to believe you're a good character at that point. 

"Yeah, a little over a month ago I was stupidly racing and some of my friends died from it and I ran away from the scene. Can't prove I was drunk though.  But I've learned so much from it. I've grown and matured.  Please still give me millions of dollars." doesn't exactly sound all that great, does it? 

Fled and came back like 2 hours later I think 

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Caps lock though. And what kind of publicist doesn't bold the header?

No comma between ATHENS and GEORGIA is a clear red flag...but then again, we're talking about an SEC school here.

• Like 1

based off an article I read a bit ago about the accident the two cars were going from a strip club to a waffle house a couple miles away. Jalen got there and turned around because the other car didnt show up. At a red light Jalen took off fast and the car the girl that died was driving blew past him. Jalen returned to the scene and the police said they had no reason to believe he had any alcohol.

32 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd be interested in knowing why the police didn't get a blood sample. Extrapolating that back to the time of the crash would be super easy.

Is that permissible in Georgia?  It's not in my jurisdiction, for purposes of DWI prosecution.  

Just now, hrubes20 said:

Is that permissible in Georgia?  It's not in my jurisdiction, for purposes of DWI prosecution.  

Unsure, but from a scientific perspective this is the type of thing you could do on a flashcard without losing accuracy.

Or if he blew greater than the limit, then it would be a matter of proving when he drank them, which would open up bar footage, credit card receipts time stamps, etc.

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I figure McShay probably has decent sources on this seeing as how what he said is now obviously true. Like the guy says he has character issues, then Carter does something that shows he does have character issues…. And we are still claiming he was wrong? Makes zero sense. 

he said he had lockerroom and getting along with ppl issues...