Arrest warrant issued for potential 1st overall pick DT Jalen Carter

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, scar988 said:

The driver who crashed had  a .197 BAC. 2.5x the legal limit. That probably has a lot more to do with the death than the racing.

So Carter got in a race with someone who is falling over drunk? And was sober enough to not also be charged with DUI?

I didn't know I could personally dislike anyone more than drunk drivers, but yeah the sober dude racing them sure gives them a run for their money.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So Carter got in a race with someone who is falling over drunk? And was sober enough to not also be charged with DUI?

I didn't know I could personally dislike anyone more than drunk drivers, but yeah the sober dude racing them sure gives them a run for their money.

The girl who got drunk and was driving died in the accident where her car crashed. That's why she wasn't charged.

I think more than anything else, the biggest red flag about him now is the fact that he knew the combine was coming up, and he is well regarded to the point where he pretty much needed to just show up and stay out of trouble to secure his future, and still let something like this happen.  Definitely puts his character in question to the point where I wouldnt want the Bears to draft him unless he falls a ways.

• Like 4

Just now, scar988 said:

The girl who got drunk and was driving died in the accident where her car crashed. That's why she wasn't charged.

I understand, but Carter was driving the other car. He got in a race with someone who was obviously, transparently, falling over drunk. Unless I'm reading this and completely misunderstanding, that's ******* despicable.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

you dont think so? We saw the gas mask thing tank Laremy Tunsils stock and that wasnt even a crime

Yeah but the timing of the release was the issue there. Nobody knew when he was smoking it/whether it was a drug test and suspendable issue. Very similar to the rumors spread about Marino back in '83.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And, let's be honest...we are assuming that he WAS sober. I'm not saying he wasn't, but we're making assumptions either way here/now.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

1. The dude looked downright out of shape and unmotivated against Ohio State, where he was completely dominated all game. He could barely get into a stance.

I watched a few UGA games over the course of the season but I guess never very closely. I was pretty shocked to see this item during that game. The guy was basically a non-factor every time he was on the field which seemed like it was only 50% of the snaps. I suggested he would fall as a result of this game but people tended to disagree. I can certainly see it happening now though and honestly, if people said they took him off their boards, I wouldn't be surprised.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And, let's be honest...we are assuming that he WAS sober. I'm not saying he wasn't, but we're making assumptions either way here/now.

Yeah I really, really don't get the "he'll still be a top pick" stuff in this thread.

The other driver is at 0.2 BAC. That's wasted, stupid-***, slurring words hilariously, get-up-and-have-to-apologize-to-your-SO-drunk. She's not fooling anyone for even half a second. And she's not 2 glasses of wine, "no I'm good to drive" either. And she was going 100 mph, "consistent with racing", which means he was going roughly that fast too.

The details of this are going to look increasingly bad as time goes on. I hope he's charged with something more serious, or her family sues the ever loving hell out of him.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

you dont think so? We saw the gas mask thing tank Laremy Tunsils stock and that wasnt even a crime

To be frank, there are things worse than crimes (depending on the nature of the crime) to NFL GMs

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah I really, really don't get the "he'll still be a top pick" stuff in this thread.

Due to his talent and the lack of top end talent in this draft, I unfortunately think he will be

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The other driver is at 0.2 BAC. That's wasted, stupid-***, slurring words hilariously, get-up-and-have-to-apologize-to-your-SO-drunk. She's not fooling anyone for even half a second. And she's not 2 glasses of wine, "no I'm good to drive" either. And she was going 100 mph, "consistent with racing", which means he was going roughly that fast too.

The details of this are going to look increasingly bad as time goes on. I hope he's charged, or her family sues the ever loving hell out of him.

I'd love to see jail time to be honest. If not, I hope there's a HUGE civil suit or two filed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

He made those claims in december. The accident happened in january.

It’s not like his character instantly changed from “good” to “bad” the minute he was involved in this incident. Obviously, whatever McShay was hearing about the “character concerns” with Carter — behavior, attitude, maturity, decision-making, etc — is likely the kind of thing that might lead to an incident like this. 

In short, McShay references character concerns with a player. Within a month, the same player is involved in a street-racing incident where a staff member is hammered and going 100+ MPH and dies (taking a teammate with her). That’s pretty effective validation of the concerns he referenced.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 5

Just now, Forge said:

To be frank, there are things worse than crimes (depending on the nature of the crime) to NFL GMs

...and a 4 game suspension with Josh Gordon-like ramifications going forward would be one of them...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The details of this are going to look increasingly bad as time goes on. I hope he's charged with something more serious, or her family sues the ever loving hell out of him.

As bad as it looks.... he is still going to be a top draft pick unless the justice system charges him with something much more severe. Watson sexually assaulted 20+ women and got traded for a massive haul while getting a fully guaranteed 250 Million dollar contract.

If he is charged with vehicular manslaughter this all changes, but for now he is absolutely still going top 5.

• Like 3