Arrest warrant issued for potential 1st overall pick DT Jalen Carter

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, jebrick said:

It matters not if they had even met each other EVER for the charges of Street Racing.  Can the police show that Carter  attempt to outgain, outdistance, or prevent another vehicle from passing, to arrive at a given destination ahead of another vehicle or vehicles?

If yes, end of story.

https://georgiacarlaws.com/street-racing/#:~:text=Street racing in Georgia is defined by law,in a street race can have serious consequences.

"To arrive at a given destination" is gonna be the tricky part to prove every time.

8 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

Will this be a La’el Collins situation where he falls out of the draft? Or just slip a little like Tunsil? Or no effect?

I don't think he falls out of the top 10. Teams thought Collins was a potential murder suspect, Carter is facing two misdemeanors.

Collins was obviously innocent, but it was the question at the time.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

Will this be a La’el Collins situation where he falls out of the draft? Or just slip a little like Tunsil? Or no effect?

Those happened much closer to the draft and had far more ramifications as far as the NFL is concerned (Collins never seeing the field, Tunsil getting popped on banned substances) compared to this being a couple misdemeanor charges. 

Barring new information, doubt this changes much.

30 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I would imagine Tunsil like drop. A lot of teams early (like the Cardinals) probably won’t be looking at Carter anymore. They’re rebuilding culture so you can’t take a culture risk 

You think the Cardinals would take Carter off their board completely? That seems insane to me. Some people have Carter as the best prospect in this draft.

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

"To arrive at a given destination" is gonna be the tricky part to prove every time.

Only if he tries to fight it.  I am sure a plea deal negotiations are underway.  The faster this gets out of the news the better for Carter.

11 hours ago, showtime said:

You think the Cardinals would take Carter off their board completely? That seems insane to me. Some people have Carter as the best prospect in this draft.

Wouldn’t take him at 3 at least. I doubt he comes completely off the board but I would be surprised if the Cardinals took him without trading down. I think he’s the best prospect in this draft too, best DL prospect since Suh

• 2 weeks later...