The most important factor in determining whether the Chiefs repeat? The choice of Super Bowl halftime performer.

notthatbluestuff

Just another stupid off-season thread? I think not. These are the facts: in the MAHOMES ERA (this is key), a female-headlining Super Bowl halftime performance has resulted in good times for KC. When it’s a man/men? Less fortunate. Observe:

Super Bowl 53 (2018 season) - Maroon 5 - Chiefs DO NOT win Super Bowl (lost AFC Championship)

Super Bowl 54 (2019 season) - Shakira & Jennifer Lopez - Chiefs WIN Super Bowl

Super Bowl 55 (2020 season) - The Weeknd - Chiefs DO NOT win Super Bowl (lost Super Bowl)

Super Bowl 56 (2021 season) - Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar (and Mary J Blige but you see my point, mostly men) - Chiefs DO NOT win Super Bowl (lost AFC Championship)

Super Bowl 57 (2022 season) - Rihanna - Chiefs WIN Super Bowl

It’s all there, indisputable. You can even extend it back to the 2017 season (Mahomes’ rookie year); Justin Timberlake was the halftime show and the Chiefs certainly didn’t win the Super Bowl that year, that’s for sure.

Am I wrong? Of course not. If the Chiefs wish to repeat, their best hope is that the halftime performance is given to Taylor Swift or someone like that.

Facts.

• Like 4