Ravens WR Rashod Bateman calls out GM Eric DeCosta

RaidersAreOne

Bateman is clearly the exception to the rule when it comes to us drafting WR's lately, and even he's been a disappointment because he's been injured (thanks to our worlds-worst strength coaches) his entire career here.

Still, what EDC said isn't wrong. We suck at drafting WR's and if we knew why we wouldn't be drafting bad WR's.

Bateman is also right that it's not on the players, or Lamar, it's on EDC and also the coaches for not using the WR's they have to their best strength. It's also on the strength coaches and training staff who are responsible for keeping our guys healthy and they can't, every year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

DeCosta was right. Bateman was right to take offense to it. I’d think less of Bateman if he was cool with it.

Right or wrong, Bateman is probably gonna get traded to someone for a late first rounder or so in value smdh Ravens trade-Leshauning everyone smdh

3 hours ago, 43M said:

DeCosta isnt wrong, but its pretty stupid to throw players under the bus like that, especially since at least a couple of them will still be on the team next season.

I mean, yeah, but DeCosta could also see to it that they're not and it would probably be better for him given that they do actually kinda suck.....

Right now they're mostly only there BECAUSE they haven't drafted well. That's not exactly a persuasive position. They can suck it up and get better or kick rocks. 

Ravens don't have a whole lot of holes right now. If I were DeCosta, I'd double down, nut up, and take a WR with every single pick just to send a message. 

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Bateman is clearly the exception to the rule when it comes to us drafting WR's lately, and even he's been a disappointment because he's been injured (thanks to our worlds-worst strength coaches) his entire career here.

Still, what EDC said isn't wrong. We suck at drafting WR's and if we knew why we wouldn't be drafting bad WR's.

Bateman is also right that it's not on the players, or Lamar, it's on EDC and also the coaches for not using the WR's they have to their best strength. It's also on the strength coaches and training staff who are responsible for keeping our guys healthy and they can't, every year.

Hollywood, Duvernay, and Bateman are all good NFL receivers. I don't know how many All-Pro WR's you're going to produce when you're regularly in the bottom 3/4 in terms of passing offense and only average like 3,100 passing yards per year since Lamar took over. 

The one critical mistake he did make though was drafting Hollywood Brown over Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, and DK Metcalf.