Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Listen, when an MVP QB in his prime is available you just gotta move forward with Jacoby Brissett and Sam Howell without ever even trying to acquire him.

This isn't a football decision.  They don't have an owner willing to write that check with one foot out the door. 

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

And to add to this...

“First of all, Lamar Jackson’s a fantastic player,” Douglas said, via SNY. “But where we stand is, it would be disingenuous and negotiating in bad faith if we went down that path. So, right now, we have our plan, we have our process and we’re sticking to that.”

As far as Rodgers, Douglas noted that there isn’t much urgency on getting the deal done now. But the Jets remain optimistic that it will happen eventually.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/27/joe-douglas-pursuing-lamar-jackson-would-be-disingenuous-and-negotiating-in-bad-faith/

That's 2 potential suitors out of the mix

Looks like this could come down to the Colts or Patriots, if he does move on from the Ravens

21 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Listen, when an MVP QB in his prime is available you just gotta move forward with Jacoby Brissett and Sam Howell without ever even trying to acquire him.

I mean, they're both better at the actual QB position so you're not wrong there.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Why wouldn't the Jets just hang up on the Packers at this point and call the Ravens instead? 

I think the risk of Rodgers throwing a temper tantrum if he feels like second choice outweighs the nominal gain of the Jets trying to make their position look better by exploring a Lamar deal that both they and the Packers know would be silly to follow through on.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

Local insider has said same thing about Lamar’s commitment to a pro-level physical routine the past year or so. Almost like it’s not a coincidence the guy misses more practices for “non-covid illness” than any player i’ve ever seen lol

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Local insider has said same thing about Lamar’s commitment to a pro-level physical routine the past year or so. Almost like it’s not a coincidence the guy misses more practices for “non-covid illness” than any player i’ve ever seen lol

I'm not surprised at all. 

There's a few years between his one stellar season and now, and the in-between is marginally decent at best with tons of red flags, primarily his ability to hold up long term and commitment, beyond just how he would fit in a different offense. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

it's actually insane how many practices he misses because he's "sick"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Sleep habits and nutrition combined together = he likes to stay out late and party right?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think the risk of Rodgers throwing a temper tantrum if he feels like second choice outweighs the nominal gain of the Jets trying to make their position look better by exploring a Lamar deal that both they and the Packers know would be silly to follow through on.

If I'm the Jets, I would be completely fine with Rodgers throwing a tantrum. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

it's actually insane how many practices he misses because he's "sick"

I think he was doing all he can to prevent injury so he can get paid, including limiting practices. And also missing that playoff game. Could have taken shots to reduce the swelling snd toughed it out to try to get a ring, but the re-injury risk was high. It’s all about the payday for him. 

• Like 2