Pro Day Talk

nicfre2011

On 3/28/2023 at 7:36 PM, TVScout said:

Try here:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-pro-day-schedule-2023/

You might have to scroll a lot and dodge the click bait but such is the WWW these days.

Yes I went to this website before and I see that it has all the pro day dates but I cant seem to click on anything to get the results. Am I just tarded or missing something?

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Good - it’s meaningless 

Aaron Donald did 35 reps on the bench, would have been nice to see Kancey put some up.  Those 35 reps would have been #1 of any DL at the combine this year.   Better than any OL also outside of Vorhees who had 38.

There is something not clicking, those Kancey pro day numbers are amazing, but where was the production.  He was good on Pitt but Aaron Donald was dominating for years.  He almost had more TFLs in one year than Kancey had in 3 seasons combined.  Where are all the tackles?  Donald had almost 60 tackles two years in a row, the past two years for Kancey just above 30 each year.

If Kancey is this athletic why did he not dominate more than he did?  Maybe strength is an issue because everything else he beats Donald in terms of numbers athletically.  Why was Kancey not more impactful on the field?  Possibly with difference up tempo offenses that are short passing that hurt his production maybe...

Hope it was that, because if not maybe it is a strength issues and he cannot get off blocks as well as Aaron Donald did.  

How long are Kancey's arms?  30 5/8 and Donald 32 5/8, so technically it is harder for Donald to do the bench press than Kancey in that way, also might help Donald on the field with leverage but that is a hard call with arm length.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Aaron Donald did 35 reps on the bench, would have been nice to see Kancey put some up.  Those 35 reps would have been #1 of any DL at the combine this year.   Better than any OL also outside of Vorhees who had 38.

There is something not clicking, those Kancey pro day numbers are amazing, but where was the production.  He was good on Pitt but Aaron Donald was dominating for years.  He almost had more TFLs in one year than Kancey had in 3 seasons combined.  Where are all the tackles?  Donald had almost 60 tackles two years in a row, the past two years for Kancey just above 30 each year.

If Kancey is this athletic why did he not dominate more than he did?  Maybe strength is an issue because everything else he beats Donald in terms of numbers athletically.  Why was Kancey not more impactful on the field?  Possibly with difference up tempo offenses that are short passing that hurt his production maybe...

Hope it was that, because if not maybe it is a strength issues and he cannot get off blocks as well as Aaron Donald did.  

How long are Kancey's arms?  30 5/8 and Donald 32 5/8, so technically it is harder for Donald to do the bench press than Kancey in that way, also might help Donald on the field with leverage but that is a hard call with arm length.  

This is why I wanted to see him Bench. Is it super meaningful? No but it would give us some idea of his upper body strength.

I think it's a bit disingenuous to ask why Kancey wasn't as productive as Donald despite being just as freakish of an athlete. We are talking about the best DT maybe ever in the history of the NFL here. Obviously there are elements that go beyond athleticism with Donald. Technique, awareness on the field, etc. For a DT prospect, it seems crazy to me to scoff at 14.5 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks in 11 games. Kancey had good production for a DT even if he isn't on Aaron Donald's level as an actual football player. 

10 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I been trying to tell everyone. You can see it on tape too. He could be the guy.

He's a monster. When I got into his tape, I was kind of blown away. He's definitely not much of a power runner and he won't break many tackles, but in a ZBS where you are going to be asked to 1-cut & go, he could end up being a superstar. He's really not that dissimilar from Chris Johnson to me. CJ2K had absurd speed by comparison, but I do think they play similarly, even if CJ2K had slightly more juice.

• Like 1