Broncos sign RB Samaje Perine (2 years, $7.5M)

RaidersAreOne

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

I guess Mixon is going to get to stay in Cincinnati at his price point? 

Wonder what this means for Chase Edmonds? Getting cut or traded? Perine can do that job pretty easily 

Edmonds looked pretty useful in his last couple games but his cap hit was like 6 mil.

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

I wanted Perine back for the Bengals but the price is a bit on the high side for a backup RB. If they replace Mixon with a rookie, it might have worked. Supposedly the team is interested in Jamaal Williams, who would be the Mixon replacement. Then a mid to late round rookie to replace Perine. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I wanted Perine back for the Bengals but the price is a bit on the high side for a backup RB. If they replace Mixon with a rookie, it might have worked. Supposedly the team is interested in Jamaal Williams, who would be the Mixon replacement. Then a mid to late round rookie to replace Perine. 

I think its a touch high because Javonte Williams isnt expected to be back to 100% until mid-season so they need a actual capable starting RB for a while. Word is they will also bring back Latavius Murray to split carries with Perine until Javonte gets healthy.

All I see is a lot of strong/power/break tackle ability RBs lol

Edited by AkronsWitness