Eagles sign Greedy Williams

AZ_Eaglesfan

16 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Browns fans is there any hope this guy can even be solid depth or is he just a camp body now? Like his traits a lot, but I know his play and injuries have left a lot to be desired.

He’s actually got some ability.  We played waaaaaayyyyy too much zone for him to really be effective as he’s a man press corner, but in that scheme he’s a capable player.

He gets banged up a bit, but I’m sad to see him go.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Browns fans is there any hope this guy can even be solid depth or is he just a camp body now? Like his traits a lot, but I know his play and injuries have left a lot to be desired.

He is very solid when healthy. Good luck with the latter portion. He's literally always injured. Sad, because there is a legitimate amount of talent there. I wish him the best...always liked him.

• Like 2

Yeah, like others have said, he's very solid when used properly (thanks Joe Woods) and when healthy. Problem is, he seems like he's always dealing with some sort of an injury. Wouldn't have minded brining him back, but I knew it was very unlikely.

• Like 1

The Browns drafted a bunch of very talented man/press man corners in Ward, Greedy, and Newsome and then decided to run Cover 3 almost exclusively, so it's always been a bad fit for him. He also hasn't been able to stay healthy, and with the emergence of Martin Emerson last year, he was at best the 4th CB on the roster. I wish him the best and hope he stays healthy, but he hasn't been able to be/stay healthy much at all thus far in his career.