Ravens sign OBJ 1 yr 18M

Ty21

4 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I highly doubt he does anything, but it’s a 1-year deal. It’s absurd money, but 1 year takes any real risk away. FA is essentially over, so that money wasn’t doing anything for BAL anyways. 

Potentially paying Lamar, post draft acquisitions, and cap rollover to name a few.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Odell was balling with the Rams I feel like it is overlooked. Could be good for both sides, if Lamar plays this year.

Feel like for OBJ there'd be no way he'd sign here if Lamar wasn't gonna be playing, and he seems like a guy who would be "in the know" about Lamar stuff to know one way or the other.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself lol I still don't like paying $15M fully guaranteed for a guy who can't stay healthy, but...whatever.

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sign OBJ to that amount near the end of his career and will not pay Lamar Jackson....  Yeah that does not seem smart.  

I'm wondering if this is Lamar's doing in the background, part of his negotiations? How do we not know he didn't pull a Rodgers a tell the Ravens FO get me A,B or C WR before I sign my deal?

I get OBJ chasing the money  but why sign with the Ravens if NOT to play with Lamar? To Ave the great Huntley throwing him passes? 🤔

Now if none of that above is actually true, YES your FO is a joke!!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Green Bay Packers What GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

You don't get every player you want just because you want him. As GM of the jets, hopefully he'll start to appreciate Gute more now and realize it's not all that simple

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Feel like for OBJ there'd be no way he'd sign here if Lamar wasn't gonna be playing, and he seems like a guy who would be "in the know" about Lamar stuff to know one way or the other.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself lol I still don't like paying $15M fully guaranteed for a guy who can't stay healthy, but...whatever.

It's always the net benefit more than the cost. It's a chance worth taking I think, even though all things considered it is an overpay.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm wondering if this is Lamar's doing in the background, part of his negotiations? How do we not know he didn't pull a Rodgers a tell the Ravens FO get me A,B or C WR before I sign my deal?

I get OBJ chasing the money  but why sign with the Ravens if NOT to play with Lamar? To Ave the great Huntley throwing him passes? 🤔

Now if none of that above is actually true, YES your FO is a joke!!!!

I thought the same, until I realized the Ravens just gave him 15M GTD with 3M in incentives when they weren't really bidding against anybody else. OBJ would be insane to turn that down given where he is at in his career regardless of who is QB

This could just be a case of OBJ taking that money in a heartbeat because he knows it's a ton while the Ravens throwing a desperate hail Mary trying to entice Jackson to work things out

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1