Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

So, do you reckon he's got chances on getting into the HoF with that resumé?

We've seen a number of quarterbacks who had very good careers with no rings or MVPs still have a fighting chance at making or have made the Hall of Fame, so it really boils down to how long he ends up playing and if he's able to accumulate enough stats to justify making it. If he retires younger, like Andrew Luck, then I think his chances would be very slim.

On 4/27/2023 at 3:16 PM, Jeezla said:

i'll recognize that when I see it. Right now I know as much about Love the NFL QB as I do Trey Lance the NFL QB. IF you didn't like them headed into the draft, they haven't exactly done anything to change that opinion one way or another.

I'm of this opinion...

If you don't see it in Love, right now, there is plenty of evidence you can point to.

If you do see it in Love, you can cite the Eagles game, you can cite sitting and learning, and you absolutely 100% have to cite Tom Clements.  Then you can also cite Aaron Rodgers when talking about Jordan Love.

And there's nothing there, right now, to change anyone's mind.

Not that you asked, but me?  I think he's going to be quite good.  And yeah, that is me basing it on faith and homerism.  And a dropped pass by Aaron Jones against a cover 2.  Great read, unreal power on the throw and perfect placement.

On 5/2/2023 at 6:26 AM, SteelKing728 said:

He magically had that jump? When?

It was reported on locally.  When Rodgers hurt his thumb, Love took the first team snaps and looked very, very good.  

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It was reported on locally.  When Rodgers hurt his thumb, Love took the first team snaps and looked very, very good.  

Love never had an issue when there is no pressure or playing without pads/red shirt on. He'll always look good in that, as most QBs do.

That's not to say he can't make a jump, but its hard to take it seriously without much real playing time to back it up.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Love never had an issue when there is no pressure or playing without pads/red shirt on. He'll always look good in that, as most QBs do.

That's not to say he can't make a jump, but its hard to take it seriously without much real playing time to back it up.

Yeah, I'm not certain about that.  I have it from a good source that during his rookie year, he was the QB throwing to tryout WR's.  And looked pretty bad when doing it.

When the kid earned praise from Rodgers and Aaron Jones (amongst others) for his practice last year, that's when I took notice.

Kid has all the physical tools you want.  With an elite talent in that arm strength.  Game was too fast for him when he played KC and the coach admitted they didn't practice against all out blitz packages, which Spags threw at him early and often.  

If the mental part catches up to the physical part, he's gonna be good.  And...you can say that about most QB's out there.  We shall see how Jordan does.  

On 5/3/2023 at 11:08 AM, vegas492 said:

His thumb was hurt for awhile. They should’ve let Love play.

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Of his 3 TDs vs. the Falcons, 1 was a pop pass and basically a run play. So it's really only 2 touchdowns in that 2nd game. The other was a passing play in name only. I also wasn't very impressed with him. Would consistently throw behind his receivers route concept to empty space.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...