Bold Draft Predictions

MonserinNC

Carter won't make it to 9.  AZ, SEA, DET have all been linked to him.  Rumor is Philly will trade up for him.  Don't count out LV or ALT for Carter either.

GB will trade up to 8  If on the offset chance Carter does make it to 8, GB will take him,  If he's not there, they'll take Skoronski. 

At least 5 of our picks will be in the trenches.  I'm guessing 2 O-line, 3 D-line.  I won't be surprised if we draft more

47 minutes ago, Pool said:

I think I am officially addicted to offense after last season. It was actually fun to watch even when losing. Put me in the JSN or Bijan camp at pick 9 please. Also @Sugashane who is that in your profile pic? Its 2023 and that pic is so grainy you can't even make out the team on the helmet. Get with the times yo!

Did you really just age shame me? 😞

22 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Carter wont be a nice thing long term, I'm willing to wager.

I agree at this point. Ian Cunningham had a few interesting statements in his press conference the other day. He did talk about Carter's on the field play and the "flashes". Nothing about his off the field stuff. So first him talking about flashes leads me to believe that like everyone else they know he shuts it down on some plays. Maybe I'm reading too much into that. Second the fact that he didn't want to comment on his off the field activities either he doesn't want to give anything away to other teams or it's still a problem for them that it happened. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Carter wont be a nice thing long term, I'm willing to wager.

I have been pretty clear since day dot the legal stuff really doesn't bother me...young guy drives car fast...shocker...who doesn't/didn't?...

The on-field stuff is clearly more concerning...does he love the game? Is he lazy? Will he fit with these coaches and HITS? All completely valid concerns...but given his talent and the position he plays at #9 I think I would take the risk...simply put not many humans his size can do some of the things he can...yes he will take some plays off (every DL does) but if we can use him right he can become a true game wrecking force at the most important spot of this defence...I just can't pass on that if it is there because it is so rare and difficult to find.

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I have been pretty clear since day dot the legal stuff really doesn't bother me...young guy drives car fast...shocker...who doesn't/didn't?...

The on-field stuff is clearly more concerning...does he love the game? Is he lazy? Will he fit with these coaches and HITS? All completely valid concerns...but given his talent and the position he plays at #9 I think I would take the risk...simply put not many humans his size can do some of the things he can...yes he will take some plays off (every DL does) but if we can use him right he can become a true game wrecking force at the most important spot of this defence...I just can't pass on that if it is there because it is so rare and difficult to find.

To be fair, there are a select few defensive linemen in the NFL who truly give 100% *every* snap. At that size butting heads with guys just as huge, it's hard to have so much energy each snap. Does he give 100% enough? Maybe not, but isn't that why Eberflus is the coach? He's energetic and gets guys to play as hard as possible as much as possible?

I ask this seriously- who are the few guys you would hate for them to take at 9?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I honestly am completely lost when it comes to LB in the draft.

My instinct is we ignore completely, but thats also because I dont like any of the LBs this year

I like a few of the traits guys on day 3, but beyond that it’s a pretty meh class as far as the top LBs go. Might be a reason we went so heavy after the position in FA. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Both things concern me very much.  As a sober person at the time, what was the thought in his mind that made him think racing a car full of 4 drunk people was a good idea?  There's driving fast, and there is clearly ignoring the potential consequences of your actions.  This isn't Walter Payton getting speeding tickets or Lance Briggs wrecking his Lamborghini, this cost 2 people their lives, and any basic level of judgement would have prevented that.  

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

To be fair, there are a select few defensive linemen in the NFL who truly give 100% *every* snap. At that size butting heads with guys just as huge, it's hard to have so much energy each snap. Does he give 100% enough? Maybe not, but isn't that why Eberflus is the coach? He's energetic and gets guys to play as hard as possible as much as possible?

I ask this seriously- who are the few guys you would hate for them to take at 9?

The one guy I would really hate is Peter Skoronski...it's almost unfair because I think he is going to make for a really good OG...but when was the last time an OG took over a game? The positional value just isn't there for me and I think we need to stick to the plan when it comes to adding high upside talent at premier positions...I don't see an NFL OT...

Bijan Robinson probably falls under a similar bracket just because of the positional value...obviously the difference is he could take over some games but you have to question the longevity factor of any RB in such a collision sport...I said it earlier in the process but if you offered me a trade down with an OT in the 1st then Gibbs early 2nd I would feel far better than just taking Bijan...as much fun as he would be to watch when he is at his best and healthiest...

Again to an even lesser extend any of the CBs at #9...same as above with Skoronski & Robinson I think they are really talented and CB is a premier position but I think we could find a vet CB after the draft to complete that DB group where we already have a ton of youth and talent...a DL would help the DBs far more than another DB IMO...

Basically what I am saying is I want a DL or OT at #9 and anything else would be at least a slight disappointment.

5 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Both things concern me very much.  As a sober person at the time, what was the thought in his mind that made him think racing a car full of 4 drunk people was a good idea?  There's driving fast, and there is clearly ignoring the potential consequences of your actions.  This isn't Walter Payton getting speeding tickets or Lance Briggs wrecking his Lamborghini, this cost 2 people their lives, and any basic level of judgement would have prevented that.  

Personal opinion but I feel you are putting too much responsibility on to Carter when in reality the adults who made the decision to drunkenly drive are the ones where that responsibility falls.

• Like 1