Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

1 minute ago, DanMullen said:

Get back to me in three years. I’ll still be here right or wrong, and if I’m wrong, I’ll gladly eat my crow.

FWIW I don’t have an opinion on the kid. I have no idea how it goes. I just think it’s dismissive to think that someone with maybe the worst accuracy issues of any QB in the top 5, at least in recent memory, is going to be fine just because other guys have done it. The odds are always against you in the NFL.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a RB in the 1st round if he can give you 5 strong years.  Yeah, it would be nice to get an 8+ year starter... but how many guys in the 1st round end up being that anyway, regardless of position?  I think people overthink these things.  

Who knows how good Bijan will be.  But I don't think being a RB automatically makes it a bad pick.  Was Adrian Peterson a bad pick?  I don't think he'll be that good, but who knows.  It'll really depend on how the rest of the 1sts end up.

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

Great player but the wrong pick for the Falcons.   Carter was there for the taking we already have a top 10 caliber RB in Algier thats gonna really limit the touches for him and Bijan.  Limiting the value the pick brings. 

Algeier was never gonna be a top 10 RB. Bijan is SPECIAL. Algeier is a solid starter at best. 

• Like 1