Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

Guys, the idea that Ravens of all teams would have the whole wall filled with a draft board knowing there are cameras there is a bit of a stretch. Wouldn't be surprised if its a troll move. Teams almost certainly rely on software to manage it. The Jets had a big board plastered on the wall with zero names filled in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

As prospects, they're eerily similar and they're going to ultimately get a lot of the same development.  6 years and a fat extension later and Williams still has the same drop issues he came into the league with.  That gives me exceedingly low confidence in Johnson getting rid of his if he gets the same treatment/excuses given to him by the Chargers.

Williams cannot stay healthy, that's the end of his story.

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

Pressures. It's funny only because it's exactly what the guy agreeing with me said his truthers would say. So then it's much like his college tape, you're one of the most athletic guys on the field, why isn't the production a finished product a.k.a. where the sacks at? 

Because sacks are a byproduct of situation.  Same reason why I don't hold TD receptions as a huge barometer to talent.  If a QB holds the ball for a half a second longer, the player gets a sack.  The QB gets the ball of a half a second earlier, no sack.  Does it change the fact that pass rusher had forced that QB to make a decision a half a second sooner?  No.

• Like 1

Just now, StatKing said:

I've watched every game for the last 10+ years. Don't question my Packers fans credentials. 

In which case you would have noticed the LT getting driven back play after play after play in 2021 and 2022 before he went down, would have picked up on him having among the most pressures per snap in the league over this time, his constant winning in pass rushes seeing him only behind Myles Garrett and TJ Watt in 2021, and all this despite very little help from his line outside of Clark. 

The first two years he was poor. If you're trying to claim he was  anything but GBs best/2nd best defender across 2021-22 though, I can't take you seriously or have to assume you've got a very short memory. 

Kenny can argue being better over the last two years as he has been fit throughout. Campbell was in 2021 but fell off in 2022 so likely not. After that, there's not really anyone who, can claim to have been a better defender in GB over those two years. Dudes gone from looking like a bust to being stellar, now it's just hoping he gets back to that. 

1 minute ago, massraider said:

Williams cannot stay healthy, that's the end of his story.

Last season was the first since his rookie year that he didn't play all but 1 of the games in a season.  Just admit you only started paying attention last season and he burned you in fantasy this year, it's okay.