πŸ”₯ Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I asked how many players have been good pass rushers that lacked bend, burst, and an explosive first step so you used TJ Watt, one of the most athletic players in the history of the NFL draft, as your counter? Did you understand the question or are you just that dense? It's like saying how many small OT's have been great and you use Trent Brown as your example.

yes .. you never said AND lacked atheticism . . .thanks.Β 
you said, lacked bend burst and explosive. . . .

18 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

But I'm not really a fan when it comes to like "highly sought after". Like I want to hear why not just that "people wanted to draft him high"

That was Butera speak for "I really don't want to go research all the stuff I read the last month"Β πŸ˜„Β 

Β 

In the short, he's a 2 trick pony that is so talented he is the unanimous #2 DE prospect that, if, can put the first year together and learn from an NFL team another trick, can be Elite. His frame an power are unparalleled, side step and motor is amazing, so if he can put on size and learn another pass rush move (or how to use his hands) he's unstoppable.Β 

Β 

He's a draft prospect with "ifs", there's no doubt about it. He wasn't my first choice or second, but I can find plenty of reasons to be hopeful with a prospect like him.Β 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

That was Butera speak for "I really don't want to go research all the stuff I read the last month"Β πŸ˜„Β 

Β 

In the short, he's a 2 trick pony that is so talented he is the unanimous #2 DE prospect that, if, can put the first year together and learn from an NFL team another trick, can be Elite. His frame an power are unparalleled, side step and motor is amazing, so if he can put on size and learn another pass rush move (or how to use his hands) he's unstoppable.Β 

I just don't think we could afford another potential guy that's not ready to help us now with pick a number seven with all the holes we have on Defense. I would've wanted to see somebody who's ready to play this year and contribute for real

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I just don't think we could afford another potential guy that's not ready to help us now with pick a number seven with all the holes we have on Defense. I would've wanted to see somebody who's ready to play this year and contribute for real

That's true. But get this, a lot of his negatives don't make sense.Β 

He has unparalleled power. But no great first step.

He can't get around players, but has impressive lateral agility and quick feet.Β 

He's the kind of guy who, in year two, becomes a monster with proper coaching. I can see him being more like Aaron Donald in year one TBH (in what role he plays for us) , finding a nitch inside bull rushing on passing downs. Which is exactly what we need.Β 

• Like 1

Just now, NickButera said:

That's true. But get this, a lot of his negatives don't make sense.Β 

He has unparalleled power. But no great first step.

He can't get around players, but has impressive lateral agility and quick feet.Β 

He's the kind of guy who, in year two, becomes a monster with proper coaching. I can see him being more like Aaron Donald in year one TBH (in what role he plays for us) , finding a nitch inside bull rushing on passing downs. Which is exactly what we need.Β 

Β I can just see a situation where he gets like 4-5 sacks next year and then we are one of the worst defenses in the league and there's people saying hey it's his first year he still needs to learn how to play defensive end to which i'll point out that if you were going to get a non-quarterback it doesn't make sense to get a developmental prospect in the top 10.Β 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

no i didnt. . i didnt talk about his nfl. I showed you his draft profile, aka before he was in the nfl

His combine performance was freakish, you think his weakness was that he lacked explosiveness / burst? If he did that means only like 10 dudes to ever come out were explosive athletes cause he had a historically great combine... You're dense tho little buddy just make sure you find your way to the short bus tomorrow and wear your helmet

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I asked how many players have been good pass rushers that lacked bend, burst, and an explosive first step so you used TJ Watt, one of the most athletic players in the history of the NFL draft, as your counter? Did you understand the question or are you just that dense? It's like saying how many small OT's have been great and you use Trent Brown as your example.

He has a slow first step because of faulty steps not because he’s slow

• Like 1