​🔥​ Pick #231 is in: Nesta Jade Silvera, DT, Arizona State

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Love the competition up front between Young, Nesta, Tillery, Butler, Jenkins, Farrell, Nichols. Hopefully it’s brings the best out of them and raises the level of the entire group. 

I hear what you’re saying but that’s a very uninspiring group of players. We need a lynchpin DT to elevate the entire team. That’s why I was so intent on drafting Carter. Guess we’ll see soon enough 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I hear what you’re saying but that’s a very uninspiring group of players. We need a lynchpin DT to elevate the entire team. That’s why I was so intent on drafting Carter. Guess we’ll see soon enough 

Let me dream lol 

I say Young, Nichols, Tillery and Farrell can be solid. Especially if Wilson can bump inside in certain fronts. A dog in ‘24 would definitely be nice. I just feel Carter was too much of a red flag and not someone like the Raiders could take. He landed in the perfect situation and will probably be a pro bowler now in Philly but we don’t have the structure in place to take those swings just yet. 

• Like 1

Have people thrown in the towel on Matthew Butler already or something? 

I see Adam Butler's name tossed around a bit, along with Farrell, Nichols, Tillery, Young, etc, but the other Butler seems to be getting left out of the conversation. 

I was pretty happy about grabbing him last year. 

43 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Have people thrown in the towel on Matthew Butler already or something? 

I see Adam Butler's name tossed around a bit, along with Farrell, Nichols, Tillery, Young, etc, but the other Butler seems to be getting left out of the conversation. 

I was pretty happy about grabbing him last year. 

He's  the forgotten man mainly because he didn't see the field much at all. But he was a great value pick in 2022. Needed to get stronger, so hopefully did that this offseason and can take a step forward. 

There are a lot of young guys on the Dline. Will be fun to see that competition play out in camp. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's  the forgotten man mainly because he didn't see the field much at all. But he was a great value pick in 2022. Needed to get stronger, so hopefully did that this offseason and can take a step forward. 

There are a lot of young guys on the Dline. Will be fun to see that competition play out in camp. 

Will be interesting if Farrell and M Butler have indeed kicked on a bit and if they are high on A Butler as Tillery will be kept and obviously Young. If they plan on using Wilson inside on passing downs, Nichols should be concerned IMO. Certainly if Silvera can show a bit too.

They would lose 3ish mill but save 3ish mill from cutting him. Don’t think they’d be bold enough to flat out cut him. But he was such a disappointment. I honestly can’t remember a single okay he made and I defo don’t remember a really good game from him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Matthew Butler has t rex arms. that's why he fell in the draft. He did next to nothing as a rookie. This camp is about him just making the team. He might be XFL bound.

33½" doesn't seem too bad: 

Measurable Measurement %tile
Height 6' 3⅞" 63
Weight 297 lbs 27
Wingspan 81⅝" 82
Arm Length 33½" 62
Hand Size 9¼" 10
10 Yard Split 1.73s 64
40 Yard Dash 5s 72
Vertical Jump 32" 80
Broad Jump 112" 87
3-Cone Drill 7.89s 25
20 Yard Shuttle 4.81s 16
Bench Press 17 reps 2

Matthew Butler - MockDraftable

Edited by Ryno
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 3:52 AM, jpaulthe1st said:

I feel this way, good to have competition but you feel if these guys were on a good team they’d all be competing for the last roster spot as depth but with us they’re battling to be our starter 😳

Young is the only one I think has a chance to be a good starter……..

22 hours ago, Ryno said:

33½" doesn't seem too bad: 

Measurable Measurement %tile
Height 6' 3⅞" 63
Weight 297 lbs 27
Wingspan 81⅝" 82
Arm Length 33½" 62
Hand Size 9¼" 10
10 Yard Split 1.73s 64
40 Yard Dash 5s 72
Vertical Jump 32" 80
Broad Jump 112" 87
3-Cone Drill 7.89s 25
20 Yard Shuttle 4.81s 16
Bench Press 17 reps 2

Matthew Butler - MockDraftable

That 17 on the bench is garbage af for a big guy hated both the dts we picked last year was a waste of picks

On 4/29/2023 at 10:59 PM, Geezy said:

Let me dream lol 

I say Young, Nichols, Tillery and Farrell can be solid. Especially if Wilson can bump inside in certain fronts. A dog in ‘24 would definitely be nice. I just feel Carter was too much of a red flag and not someone like the Raiders could take. He landed in the perfect situation and will probably be a pro bowler now in Philly but we don’t have the structure in place to take those swings just yet. 

Carter has bust written all over him. Shows up at his pro day 10 pounds overweight can’t even finish the exercises that’s a huge red flag.

On 4/29/2023 at 7:21 PM, Humble_Beast said:

isn't he more of a NT? I don't like this pick because it shows a lack of confidence in Farrell. I was hoping all the coaches were high on him, but they have brought in like 6-7 DTs and multiple NT. I could be wrong, but I don't think this staff if sold on Farrell being a starter. Which would suck 

DTs rotate.  Can't have the big boys playing 100% of snaps.  Need talented depth as well.

• Like 1