2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How do others take in the draft? ESPN vs. NFLN? Are you following each and every round or just a few? Any go-to meals for the round one or the weekend?

NFLN. No particular reason.  

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How do others take in the draft? ESPN vs. NFLN? Are you following each and every round or just a few? Any go-to meals for the round one or the weekend?

NFLN

Round 1: Beer, wings, pizza, more beer

• Like 3

On 4/7/2024 at 10:44 PM, Totty said:

Take him round later.  Kids make (REALLY STUPID) mistakes.  He will drop due to this, but you cannot teach that kind of size.  That would be his ONE chance especially in a party city like Vegas.  

Ironically, his size is what really makes me nervous with him. He’s just too big and out of shape to be very effective in the NFL imo. He has got some pass rush upside but I don’t think he’ll knuckle down sadly. Stuff like the driving incident really doesn’t fill me with confidence he’s got the maturity nor discipline and drive to be great needed to get in better shape and stay in shape at his dimensions. I was going back and forth on him a few days ago but this makes me drop him way down my board or off my board to the ‘take a flyer at the end of the draft’ types. The other Texas DT is a beast mind you.

Edited by Darbsk

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I record each draft day on Sky NFL and watch it the following day after work (as it’s late or throughout the night here), I try to settle down when it’s quiet with a bag of pretzels and a cheeky cider, though I had a glass or two of port last year for some obscure reason 😁 I do love wings though so might try those this year!

The year we drafted Amari Cooper I was in San Diego and went out to a draft party at a bar which was pretty cool though, had this crazy Mexican band playing and all you could eat pizza. Raiders fans outnumbered Chargers by about 10 to 1 😂

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Watch the first and second day live. Follow the third day on Twitter. We always draft players no one predicted so then I look up their stats and watch highlights on YouTube. Talk with my son about the selections. Then I hype myself up believing we outsmarted the rest of the NFL. Then we cut a day 3 pick in less than a year. Something like that. Lol

I don’t have a go-to meal for the draft. But I have been eating a lot of chili mixed with cheese, Fritos, and hot sauce recently. Love that stuff.

• Like 6

Don’t really have a favorite between ESPN and NFLN anymore. Couple years ago I thought there was a big difference in coverage and liked NFLN more but now they’re pretty much the same.

21 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I have a buddy from undergrad I meet up with. Come hell or high water, we meet up. He was the only other Raiders fan I ever met in undergrad, and we struck up a bond over suffering through Raiders football and Advanced Russian. And a hatred of Lane Kiffin. 

Anyway, there's an old Irish pub near him with a dank old wooden room up a half flight that sits away from everyone taking in whatever else is on. They make an amazing Reuben w/ Irish dip. 

So Reubens and Guinness. That's round 1 every single year for almost 15 years straight. 

Rounds 2-7 are usually dependent on work for him. But I'm seated back at the pub from beginning to end watching every single round, usually the only Raider fan around, but aboe to crap on the Chargers and Donks since everyone else around hates them too. I don't take much time off work, but the Draft is my holiday. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I record each draft day on Sky NFL and watch it the following day after work (as it’s late or throughout the night here), I try to settle down when it’s quiet with a bag of pretzels and a cheeky cider, though I had a glass or two of port last year for some obscure reason 😁 I do love wings though so might try those this year!

The year we drafted Amari Cooper I was in San Diego and went out to a draft party at a bar which was pretty cool though, had this crazy Mexican band playing and all you could eat pizza. Raiders fans outnumbered Chargers by about 10 to 1 😂

Wait....the Dolts actually have real, live fans they don't hire to put butts in seats on gameday?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wait....the Dolts actually have real, live fans they don't hire to put butts in seats on gameday?

Haha, only a few and that was a while ago 😂

Tbh, I was totally surprised how many more Raider jerseys I saw in San Diego, obviously expected it in Oakland and Los Angeles but didnt realise how indifferent people were to the Chargers!

54 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Haha, only a few and that was a while ago 😂

Tbh, I was totally surprised how many more Raider jerseys I saw in San Diego, obviously expected it in Oakland and Los Angeles but didnt realise how indifferent people were to the Chargers!

Oh Charger fans got really pissed when they left Qualcomm Stadium.

• Like 2