2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The Raiders have been thinking they are contenders for over 20 years and are one of the more delusional franchises I have ever witnessed during that time span.  

Keeping Adams has not translated into wins and he is about to be 32 years old.  I do know that father time is undefeated and his best years are behind him.  Those are facts. The only way I see keeping Adams as a positive would be if we land a superstar QB...  Good luck with that.  Beyond landing a superstar QB this team is not a contender.  I live in reality, not fantasy land.

In term of compensation I would not give up a 1st for him if I was a GM, so I would agree with you there but I have seen some crazy things and could see a team like Buffalo or Baltimore trading their late 1st for him if they don't trade up for a WR in the draft. A 2nd is more likely but I would at least kick the tires to see what the market is.  

The reason you keep Adams is to help develop a young QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I stand that we should attack the trenches the first 3 picks. We have a really good/great DL, time to load up the OL. I would just Gardner the shot with a good OL, the best WR in the league, and a good defense. If he flops, then I would go QB in 2025. It would cost too much to get the QB3 this year, and I see too many flaws with the next 3 Prospects at 13. I would rather draft an OL stud. Build up that OL 

I agree and we still have a lot of money to sign a few more players as well.

I just think the first time HC with no offensive background and a rookie QB will be a terrible combination.

I don't think we're going to make the trade for Daniels, but I really am high on his NFL game. Such a clean player with the ability to operate presnap and read defenses at a high level. Plus his accuracy is phenomenal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

This could just be me, but I wouldn't touch him in that case. 

Call me old school, but there are a lot of guys out there that would do nearly anything to play QB in the NFL, much less be a heralded first round pick. It's not like these guys come in with a real life 99 OVR and have actually proven anything, they're just the lucky ones being given first dibs at the opportunity and, by all accounts, being set up for life so long as they're not Vince Young level stupid.

I didn't care about Eli either way up until he pulled the Eli. Then I despised him. "What an entitled little sh*t" was my feeling towards him his entire overrated career- then I learned to despise him even more after living in New Orleans, but that's a different story. 

See, here's the thing. I am a Raider for life. Period. Had I been able to play all the way through college and get a shot at the NFL, I would have hoped every single second that the Raiders picked me or signed me. I would've thrown up had it been, say, the Chiefs. But I would have played. 

The only reason to pull an Eli is entitlement and a diva attitude. If you're likely to be good, that team's fans will cheer for you. If you're actually good, that team is going to make you obscenely wealthy. And the best part? You are under no obligation to sign an extension or a new deal with the team that drafted you. If you're good, someone will inevitably trade for you or pay you an obscene amount of money as a FA. 

These guys are already being given a ton of guarantees that very few ever get, especially as a first rounder. Wouldn't life just be perfect if everyone could pick who drafts them, right? Well.....look, these guys already have bloated and inflated egos stemming back from high schools jockeying for some of them and colleges throwing obscene privileges at them and treating each and every single one of them like the most unique and special individual to ever grace this planet. Call me old school, but the Draft is the first wake up call for a lot of these guys that life isn't Burger King and you can't just have it your way. 

Guys who go and grind, they have my respect. Could you imagine the let down of being drafted by the Browns since their revival? My God, Joe Thomas deserved sooooo much more. Loyalty means something to me. Not blind loyalty, of course, but reasonable loyalty. Guys who pull stunts like Eli, I'll never respect them. I know that type in person, and they frankly disgust me.

What happens when AP has a bad run and gets fired or things just don't immediately go Daniels' way? See, he's being celebrated and treated like God's gift to humanity right now, but that can change. He going to pout? Hold put for more money? Demand a trade? He doesn't want to be a Raider, he likes the prospect of being coddled by his sideline daddy. Heck, if the reports are true, he's basically advertising that much by being miffed that he wasn't coddled by Washington during a draft visit. 

His physical talent isn't in question, any more than it is for any prospect- will it actually translate to success? But his mental makeup and attitude? Well, see, now that is for me. He pulls an Eli, I hope he goes to elsewhwre and gets completely humbled. Then, if he's actually as talented as he appears to be, I'd gladly sign the grown up version of the boy wonder. But swinging any sort of Draft day deal? No way I'd be able to support it. I don't care how physically gifted someone is, an entitled brat is an entitled brat, and being someone's perceived franchise savior isn't fixing that. 

I agree to a point. But these guys future and potential life changing opportunity is in the hands of the organization that chooses them. Teams like the Bears and Commanders have been QB graveyards for generations. Would you want to put your once in a lifetime opportunity in their hands? It's risky. 

You can still grind, be loyal, etc. and be hamstrung in a bad organization. Eli Manning did the right thing. He won 2 Super Bowls while the Chargers were up and down for River career. 

If I'm a QB, I would want to go where I feel I have the best chance of success. From an organizational standpoint and having people who believe in me. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If I'm a QB, I would want to go where I feel I have the best chance of success. From an organizational standpoint and having people who believe in me. 

I think this is why Daniels and aP are talked about so much. A ride or die type of I've got your back and you've got mine. I don't want to give up what it would probably take to make that happen but I could get behind it as a fan to see CHEMISTRY with that happening.

• Like 1

If Penix is the pick at 13. How would you like to see the rest of the draft pan out?

44. Braden Fiske DT

77. Blake Fisher OT

112. Marshawn Lloyd RB

I think Ideally you would want to come away with an OT in the first two rounds but the value of getting Fiske would be hard to pass on. Get to throw him in that rotation with those dawgs that are already there would be insane. 

Lloyd is my sleeper at RB. Teach him ball security and you have yourself a RB who can make people miss at a high rate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I agree to a point. But these guys future and potential life changing opportunity is in the hands of the organization that chooses them. Teams like the Bears and Commanders have been QB graveyards for generations. Would you want to put your once in a lifetime opportunity in their hands? It's risky. 

You can still grind, be loyal, etc. and be hamstrung in a bad organization. Eli Manning did the right thing. He won 2 Super Bowls while the Chargers were up and down for River career. 

Watched that maxx show with Gardner aka gard dogg lol and they talked about stafford being the ultimate guy. Wasted almost a decade in det but he got his ring in the end which most likely pushed him into hof status. Most don’t get the ring in the end. Players have more say then any time in history. Bears actually built a good team for a rookie. Carolina didn’t.    Washington is goofy. I’ll never forget det oc saying something like wash was a bunch of basketball guys thinking they know football when he declined the hc

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I get that. 

With Eli, maybe there was some justification as the Chargers were pretty hapless (though the Giants weren't exactly a sterling organization either, so I always felt it was more about New York > San Diego for the marketing potential myself). 

In Jayden's case, based on the reports.....I'm not giving benefit of the doubt. He'sad because he wasn't treated like super special royalty during a meeting amd wants to go where he will be coddled. It's not about Washington or whoever being QB graveyards, we've been one too. His particular case, again if reports are true, is a huge turnoff for me. 

I'm all for guys having their preferences. Heck, if I were a team and someone clearly had their preference on their sleeve, I wouldn't want them to begin with. That's a future dispute waiting to happen. 

Issue here, Jayden seemingly left very little room for speculation as to what about the Washington visit irked him. Should've just kept talking about his open preference for reuniting with AP and wanting to be a Raider rather than him and/or his agent okaying the report that he was miffed because Washington didn't make him the most special  QB prospect that ever was. 

Edited by ronjon1990

23 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

In 2021 Tom Telesco drafted Rashawn Slater with the 13th pick in the draft he’s 6”4 315 pounds. 

Troy Fautanu is 6”4 317 pounds 🤔 and the Raiders happen to have the 13th pick in the draft 

Fautanu would be my pick assuming the top 4 QBs have gone. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I get that. 

With Eli, maybe there was some justification as the Chargers were pretty hapless (though the Giants weren't exactly a sterling organization either, so I always felt it was more about New York > San Diego for the marketing potential myself). 

In Jayden's case, based on the reports.....I'm not giving benefit of the doubt. He'sad because he wasn't treated like super special royalty during a meeting amd wants to go where he will be coddled. It's not about Washington or whoever being QB graveyards, we've been one too. His particular case, again if reports are true, is a huge turnoff for me. 

I'm all for guys having their preferences. Heck, if I were a team and someone clearly had their preference on their sleeve, I wouldn't want them to begin with. That's a future dispute waiting to happen. 

Issue here, Jayden seemingly left very little room for speculation as to what about the Washington visit irked him. Should've just kept talking about his open preference for reuniting with AP and wanting to be a Raider rather than him and/or his agent okaying the report that he was miffed because Washington didn't make him the most special  QB prospect that ever was. 

I get you. Without knowing the details, hard to gauge. For example If Washington led him to believe he was their pick and it'd be a meeting with him alone only to have all of them show, I'd be a little upset at that to. 

And on that note, it was his agent that was upset mostly. I didn't see comments from JD himself (unless I missed them). He seems like a humble guy, so not making much of it. You and I would agree if this was Caleb, it'd be another notch in the belt. 

• Like 2