2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Interesting concept I haven’t look into stats w/l comparisons 

rivers comp is interesting and worth a look flacco also

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I agree with the bold.  We are in the heaviest passing era of the NFL ever....

45 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

You could never rely on Flacco to throw the ball all game long without making the big mistake, he never really carried the team for that reason. 

I can agree with all these. 

I don't mean to crap on Staffordnin any way. One way or another, he's statistically a borderline top 10 all time passer and won a Superbowl. Not many can say that much. 

For me, it's more trying to define where we now draw the line moving forward. If the voters put him in, I certainly wouldn't say he didn't deserve it. But like I said, I do wonder about where the line gets drawn when you're talking about nearly 1/3 of all starting QBs over an overlapping decade decade or so all being called HoF level. 

Personally, I'd say at least a ring, the bulk stats, where one is consistently placed among the top 8 guys playing, a string of Pro Bowl nods (a weird anomaly for Stafford as he got an early nod but didn't see it again until his career was clearly winding down), amd at least an All Pro or two. Too much less, you're really diluting the waters. Too stringent, you risk passing over guys because there was that one Brady or Mahomes gobbling it all up. 

Anyway, back to Draft talk. 

16 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh dear Lord. I'm genuinely amazed that he's even still considered QB1. 

The overall performances aren't there and it's all about "if he puts it together....(finally)" with him. 

Dude is a walking locker room cancer agent. He makes Russ seem likeable, and that's saying something. Him succeeding to any meaningful degree is honestly going to be a shock to me. The physical talent is apparent, but dude is a headache to the nth degree for sure. 

It will be interesting to see how he responds when facing adversity in Chicago. That division is tough, he will be in a lot of cold weather games. When things are not going his way, I wonder how quickly thing unravel for him. It's not hard for envision this going terribly wrong in Chicago after the honeymoon period. 

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

https://x.com/_mlfootball/status/1782174640644706381?s=46&t=0hsbRpYbq1ub5r9l-I_jIg

He’s making it really hard to like him. I would be really worried if we had the first pick.

He makes it so easy to hate him. Can't wait to watch this dude get humbled. And when that inevitably happens, all this bravado will succumb to insecurity, watch. Guys like this are always overcompensating for something. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

https://x.com/_mlfootball/status/1782174640644706381?s=46&t=0hsbRpYbq1ub5r9l-I_jIg

He’s making it really hard to like him. I would be really worried if we had the first pick.

"I can do anything and everything I want..."

Except:

Beat Utah

Win the Pac12

Make the College Football Playoffs 

Make and/or win a national championship.

Consistently beat or perform well against top 25 teams. 

Have a winning record against top 25 teams.

Win a NY6 bowl. 

Beat Tulane. 

Look better than utterly mediocre against top 25 teams

And that's just the on-field stuff he hasn't proven he can do, not even scratching the surface of any of the other issues he has. 

• Like 5

I'm wondering if it would be better for the Raiders to trade back into round 1 for a quarterback rather than trade up into round 1. The Bills seem like a logical partner if they covet one of the receivers outside the top 3 like Brian Thomas. 28 would be a good spot for Nix or Penix plus the team could add a first next year and an addition top 100 pick this year.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I like Tez Walker on day 3. He's a field stretcher who needs to develop his game. Instantly gives you a nice deep threat option. 

Yeah he’s in the overthinking bucket now. He is pretty good and had a down year following transfer. If he hits he’s a dangerous outside receiver. Senior bowl tanked his stock but you see all the flashes.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah he’s in the overthinking bucket now. He is pretty good and had a down year following transfer. If he hits he’s a dangerous outside receiver. Senior bowl tanked his stock but you see all the flashes.

I used to put a lot more stock in the Senior Bowl. Nowadays, I wonder about the true effectiveness of it as a tool for gauging guys beyond just being an event. 

You're taking guys from all.sorts of levels and schemes and cramming it all into a couple of days of practice. I do enjoy it, but I don't know how much I care about it. 

As for Walker, I'd gladly bite late day 2 or early day 3. He has good size and great speed. I'm still a bit skeptical of a lot of the speed guys that come out at like 5'9 170, just from the perspective of how long they'll hold up. Walker checking in at essentially 6'2 193 and clocking a 4.36 is exactly the speedy guy I'd jump on. 

I would hesitate to call it a down year for him though. He went 41-699-7 despite missing 4 games and skipping the bowl game, good for second in yards and leading the team in receiving TDs. Had he played the first four games, I don't doubt he likely tops 1000 yards and 10ish tds. I mean, statistically it was a down year, but not for an inexplicable performance reason. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I like Tez Walker on day 3. He's a field stretcher who needs to develop his game. Instantly gives you a nice deep threat option. 

Agreed would be a good piece to add. 

9 hours ago, Jerry said:

Lol hes a weird guy but it wont matter if he can play. Look at Aaron Rodgers and Kyrie Irving. 

on the field, hes the best combination of pocket passing and playmaking out of structure i have seen in a while. Weird personality and all, hes an A+ prospect and will be interesting to see how he does in that QB graveyard known as Chicago. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hating on Caleb cause he is confident in himself. Wild 

I actually like Calebs brashness and confidence, and you can tell he’s a little bit of an Ahole as all of the best QBs are.

I prefer that over the fake boring cookie cutter PC guys like Carr and Russell Wilson, who are passive aggressive behind doors. All that matters is if he can play and if he’s not a bad teammate, which i havent heard people say about him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hating on Caleb cause he is confident in himself. Wild 

That's not confidence in my eyes, its insecurity. Confident people don't have to tell you how confident they are and how much better they are than their competition. And they are not letting outside comments get to them. His comments were him reading social media and "trolling" (his words) the comments at his pro day. 

It's all good if you can back it up. But when the black and blue NFC North start humbling him, he's not going to have a lot of fans in his corner.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Jerry said:

EDIT: Nope, never mind. I'm blocked from that person's page even though I have no clue who they are lol.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781