2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

On 10/19/2023 at 10:37 AM, Mdpackfan22 said:

Haven't look at the dead cap number for Jaire but if we got offered 3 1sts we'd be crazy not to accept it. Even 2 1sts and I think very hard about it.

One of the variables overlooked by player trades is money saved that can be spent in FA. Feel like CB is the one premium position where there's a decent free agency class most years. 

If we can get 80% of Jaire production in FA, Give me 2-3 1sts + 20m spending money over Jaire

Nobody is giving up 3 FRPs for Jaire Alexander.  For me, I think even 2 FRPs and change is a stretch.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Nobody is giving up 3 FRPs for Jaire Alexander.  For me, I think even 2 FRPs and change is a stretch.

Don’t want to trade him anyway. A new DC could be invigorating for Jaire and we could see the best version of him yet. 

8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Don’t want to trade him anyway. A new DC could be invigorating for Jaire and we could see the best version of him yet. 

That would be great if he could stay healthy.  Very, very good cb when healthy but this year it's been quite the downfall.  This team needs all its best players and he's one of them.  Big contract for him .. get out and play.

7 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think the Packers will probably snag one of those guys. Myers has been disappointing, and it's a position the Packers worked in a lot of different guys during the preseason.  I doubt they are totally satisfied with what Myers has put on tape.  

Myers and AJD, two second rounders that I was really excited for, and are probably quality guys that you like to have in your lockeroom, but just haven’t played up to their pedigree. If either get a second contract with us it’s probably because it’s a short term, modest APY but you’re right that we will be looking to upgrade both in the next few drafts. 

17 hours ago, Isherwood said:

I need a DC who doesn’t play them 20 yards off my tv screen. They are out of so many plays simply by how they line up.  

We could have Ed Reed and Ronny Lott in their prime and they couldn't make a big impact in Barry's defense.

• Like 1

Tank for Maye!  Not gonna happen (well it just might as bad as the Packers are) but would like to draft a QB prospect.  Looking at JJ McCarthy (Michigan) late 2nd early 3rd.  Also Tyler Van Dyke (Miami) probably snag him in the late 4th or 5th round.  Wouldn't hurt to continue to add to the QB room.  Keep taking shots and developing guys.  Badgers playing Ohio State tough.  Good game.