2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

31 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think it is a smart pick, and a good pick.  But it is god damn boring.  

Ya O line that early is always valuable and smart. A least this year the extra 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder would help keep some excitement if we go O-line in the 1st. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

They need to move agility testing before the on field drills. Doing them after is just stupid, I can see why they get skipped. 

Yeah, the NFL wanted to put the combine in prime time and make the 40 the "TV event" so guys are being asked to run the shuttle/cone with dead legs.  Similar to how they now do the bench press on a different day, they need to move the agility testing away from the 40.

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

FS is the position we are drafting Calen Bullock to play. 

No question about his tackling ability.....it doesn't exist!  We need to avoid non-physical safeties going forward.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

They need to move agility testing before the on field drills. Doing them after is just stupid, I can see why they get skipped. 

Could definitely be a factor but I think the participation was already dropping noticeably before any schedule changes.     If just a couple prospects are missing these tests it may have an adverse draft consequence for them but with the proliferation of agents advising their clients to skip - now it's the majority of draftable players without testing so no consequence 

Really increases my admiration for a player like Odunze that intentionally stayed after his group was done to keep trying to meet his 3-cone goal.    Unfortunately, if both Harrison and Nabors are drafted ahead of him and he drops out of the Top 10 anyway - what lesson is to be learned?

5 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

No question about his tackling ability.....it doesn't exist!  We need to avoid non-physical safeties going forward.

The guy has good range, but is a scarecrow in the running game.  In today's game you don't have to pop guys, but you do have to tackle. He doesnt.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think it is a smart pick, and a good pick.  But it is god damn boring.  

LOL - I'm with you on this.  Same with drafting the non-pass rushing fat guy in the middle of the defense.   Drafting skill position players and getting to run to youtube to watch all their highlights is so much better on draft night and the weeks after.   

Getting to watch your franchise QB lead the league in passing TDs and QBR behind a top OL is so much better during the season, but it's a long wait from April-->Sept.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Barton is growing on me as one of my top choices at 25. Don't care if he's an IOL. He can player G and backup OT this season and could replace Myers at C next year if needed.

He'll probably be the safest pick on the board if he's there at 25.  Solid choice.  He brings Jenkins type flexibility to the line.  That's pretty valuable and helps keep the meatheads off Love.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

LOL - I'm with you on this.  Same with drafting the non-pass rushing fat guy in the middle of the defense.   Drafting skill position players and getting to run to youtube to watch all their highlights is so much better on draft night and the weeks after.   

Getting to watch your franchise QB lead the league in passing TDs and QBR behind a top OL is so much better during the season, but it's a long wait from April-->Sept.

It's just... I will be pumped for football Christmas all day.  I am going to get home as fast as I possibly can on Thursday night.  Get myself a fun meal.  Have all the computer tabs open.  Stay up until like midnight... and we draft a guard.  I know I asked for socks.  And I know I need socks.  But goddamnit, just once, get me a remote controlled boat for Christmas!

• Like 6

Barton or DeJean, whichever one gets to 25. If they both do, take the bigger one. Hopefully, Gute will have signed a S before the draft to make the decision easier. In my dream world, we take Barton first and DeJean slips to our first pick in round 2, because of injury concern.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Barton or DeJean, whichever one gets to 25. If they both do, take the bigger one. Hopefully, Gute will have signed a S before the draft to make the decision easier. In my dream world, we take Barton first and DeJean slips to our first pick in round 2, because of injury concern.

Time to use one of their "extra" draft picks to move back up and take DeJean.

• Like 4

I thought fersure I was banned.

GB should trade some picks all the way back to 2025. Imagine turning in the pick in Green Bay and being picked by GB. It would be crazy fun.

6 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Bullock improved every year in college coming down to make tackles. He's never been a stud but by the end he wasn't embarrassing.

That said, if we're playing more Single high this year, that skill set is a fit. 

• Like 1