2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

41 or 58 ?

It'll probably have to be 41, if then. He seems the sort of guy who climbs about twenty-plus spots higher than figured because all management thinks they can iron out the mental kinks. I figure his draft ceiling will be in the high thirties based on motor and potential.

7 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Does it make a difference how you feel about it?

I would be excited either way. Would spell wyatt quite well i think. Looks pretty lean and quick.

from the highlight reel footage ... a few of his impact plays were gimmes, but seems like he does a good job splitting the gap of a double team or dodging reach blocks. 

Maybe not quite as powerful as I would like yet but I think that will develop. 

At 41, no. At 58 he is one of several candidates and not the top one. Don't hate on the guy, but he doesn't jump out at me as a draft crush. I'd rather have Kris Jenkins at that spot. At 88, he is more attractive, but that is THE spot for drafting Safeties (Bullock, Bullard, Bishop, Hicks) and the Packers need two.

9 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Trotter maybe…..  football gene thing….

He's shorter, but when I looked at his PFF grades, he was mid 70's for run defense, pass defense and pass rush.

Seems like an all around kind of ILB.

For what it is worth, his PFF scores were higher than Cooper's scores.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

He's shorter, but when I looked at his PFF grades, he was mid 70's for run defense, pass defense and pass rush.

Seems like an all around kind of ILB.

For what it is worth, his PFF scores were higher than Cooper's scores.

I think Cooper had a 90+ PFF score this season.  

• Like 1

Trotter and Cooper i Have no misgivings about.  They are football players and I like their potential.  Like watching film of them.  What about a guy like Eichenberg?  These Ohio State LB's often get tagged as system guys.  In watching him I'm torn on that thought.

Another guy is Kam Kinchens.  This is a line on him from a scouting report, "Kamren Kinchens enters the draft with a reputation for exceptional athletic ability and a knack for game-changing plays.

How can u have the RAS he has and have "exceptional athletic ability" ??

Watching film of him he certainly does have a presence and seems very mature in his approach.

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Cooper had a 90+ PFF score this season.  

LOL.  Here goes PFF again.

When I run their sim and look at his grades, he grades out in the upper 60's.

When I do a premium search on him as a prospect, you are right, he's WAAAAY up there.  90.8 overall.

FML....  :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So now we have to draft our Aaron Jones "home run" back to compliment Jacobs. Makes me want Jaylen Wright even more. 

was just reading about Kimani Vidal too

great PFF, RAS and especially 10yd split

has a little bit of Jones to his game IMO

41 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

was just reading about Kimani Vidal too

great PFF, RAS and especially 10yd split

has a little bit of Jones to his game IMO

Watch his highlights.  I don't know if he will be any good in the NFL, but it is a fun watch.

5 hours ago, 15412 said:

Trotter and Cooper i Have no misgivings about.  They are football players and I like their potential.  Like watching film of them.  What about a guy like Eichenberg?  These Ohio State LB's often get tagged as system guys.  In watching him I'm torn on that thought.

Another guy is Kam Kinchens.  This is a line on him from a scouting report, "Kamren Kinchens enters the draft with a reputation for exceptional athletic ability and a knack for game-changing plays.

How can u have the RAS he has and have "exceptional athletic ability" ??

Watching film of him he certainly does have a presence and seems very mature in his approach.

Forget about Kinchens until his pro day numbers roll in. His don’t add up correctly.

X McKinney ran a 4.63 Forty now he’s worth 17 Mil annually.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Fellas, just letting yall know

the value in the 1st round is at OL. we're drafting a fatty. should be some good ones available at 25

Hoping for Graham Barton, who has the versatility the Packers covet. Can win a starting job with us at OG or OT.  At worst he's an extremely valuable swing man in 2024. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 2