2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

30 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

Said this in the FA thread, but Ridley is an argument for drafting and developing a WR every year. I don't think you want to be in a position where you're handing out $50 million guaranteed to a WR when good QB play and good coaching can turn 21 year old draft picks into quality weapons on rookie deals. 

Why you take one relatively high every year. When their rookie contract is up, trade for draft capital. WRs fetch a premium on the trade market. It's gonna be interesting how we handle the WR room with Watson, Doubs, Wicks and Reed all needing contracts a year from each other.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

Said this in the FA thread, but Ridley is an argument for drafting and developing a WR every year. I don't think you want to be in a position where you're handing out $50 million guaranteed to a WR when good QB play and good coaching can turn 21 year old draft picks into quality weapons on rookie deals. 

It sure is nice to finally have this... because we all know we didn't have it with Rodgers

Okay, okay.....everyone, please weigh in....

You for that trade for Harrison Jr?  Or not?

Watson plus our first round pick, plus a third this year, a third next year and a 5th next year.

For MHJ.

I really am curious.  When I saw it up there, I laughed.  Now?  I'm not so sure I wouldn't do that.  Gets you a generational talent at WR under contract for 2 more years than Watson.   

To be clear, my question is not whether or not that trade would be accepted by the Cardinals.  That is the trade that would be accepted, so would you do it or not?

Edited by vegas492

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Watson plus our first round pick, plus a third this year, a third next year and a 5th next year.

For MHJ.

I really am curious.  When I saw it up there, I laughed.  Now?  I'm not so sure I wouldn't do that.  Gets you a generational talent at WR under contract for 2 more years than Watson.   

To be clear, my question is not whether or not that trade would be accepted by the Cardinals.  That is the trade that would be accepted, so would you do it or not?

Yes i would.  I don’t think it is close to enough in compensation 

Edited by squire12
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

For MHJ.

Anyone who wouldn't do that trade should be sterilized immediately.

31 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

For MHJ.

There's no way I would do th...

6 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I would totally do that trade

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

For MHJ.

In a heartbeat.  But no team in the NFL is even remotely considering that deal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

For MHJ.

Yes please.

I'd join a monastery if this happens, though I only say that because it won't. 

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

The Cardinals would never do that deal. 

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

For MHJ.

Ah, no

1 hour ago, R T said:
3 hours ago, Lodestar said:

The Cardinals would never do that deal. 

And thus determined the fate of the Cardinals, now lost to history

@beekay414 just out Shipley highlights on. 3 min into I was thinking "some team is going to take him high to be their McCaffrey light"

I assume he gets that comparison? I haven't read a word about him yet, but immediately his play style reminded me of CMC

Edited by incognito_man