Your Team's Success vs Busts in the Last 5 Drafts

EaglesPeteC

2013 - LOL. I think Mingo is the only one still even in the league.

2014:

Gilbert - LOL

Manziel - LOL

Bitonio - One of the better guards in the league.

Kirksey - Probably one of the more underrated LBs in the league.

Terrance West - Never did much for us. Has bounced around the league a bit.

Pierre Desir - Bust. Has bounced around a few teams I think.

2015:

Danny Shelton - Great run-stuffer. Doesn't put up much stat wise but is definitely one of the best DTs in the league. Had a disappointing rookie season but came on last year.

Cameron Erving - Pure garbage. Can't believe Kansas City traded anything to us for him.

Nate Orchard - Decent rotational end.

Duke Johnson - Fantastic playmaker. One of the best receiving RBs in the league. Lately he's finally been getting more carries running the ball as well.

Xavier Cooper - Disappointment. Never played well.

Ibraheim Campbell - Backup safety, but honestly kind of sucks.

Vince Mayle - Don't think he ever played a down for us.

Charles Gaines - Never did anything.

Malcolm Johnson - Crappy FB.

Randall Telfer - Decent backup tight end.

The rest of the draft class never did anything.

2016:

Corey Coleman - Pretty good but has missed significant time both seasons. A bit inconsistent when he's on the field, but he's also had to deal with crap at QB. Shows flashes of being very good though. The jury is still out on him but I think he can turn out to be a legit second option at receiver.

Emmanuel Ogbah - Great at run defense. His pass rushing isn't great but it seems like he was starting to improve as the season went on until he got injured. Since he's been gone our run defense has played terribly.

Carl Nassib - Solid rotational DE who's now starting with Ogbah on IR.

Shon Coleman - Didn't play his rookie year but is now starting at RT. He's honestly looked pretty solid so far.

Cody Kessler - Good backup. Looked pretty good his rookie year considering the situation he found himself in. Just doesn't have the arm strength to be a starter.

Joe Schobert - Was used in a variety of different ways his rookie year but looked mediocre. He's now starting at MLB this season and he's been quite impressive. One of the most pleasant  surprises for the Browns this season.

Ricardo Louis - LOL. He should honestly switch to DB. He's athletic but has terrible hands.

Derrick Kindred - Good at run defense and getting into the backfield, but his coverage skills need a lot of work to say the least. Should be a good backup at the very least, although he's currently starting.

Seth DeValve - Seems like he should be a good #2 TE behind Njoku.

Jordan Payton - Bust.

Spencer Drango - Well, he's definitely no Joe Thomas. He'd probably be a better backup guard than a backup tackle.

Rashard Higgins - I think he's had about one good game his entire career. Should be nothing more than a 5th or 6th receiver.

Trey Caldwell - Cut.

Scooby Wright - Cut. I think he's with the Cardinals now.

2017 Not gonna bother because it's far too early to tell.

I think it's safe to say we've had way more busts than successes in the past five years. We got a few good players out of the 2015 draft and the 2016 draft seems promising as well, but it's a little too early to say for sure.

Won't go through all the picks, just the early ones (rounds 1-3):

1. Sharrif Floyd - looked good at one point, may never play again

1. Cordarrelle Patterson - bust

1. Xavier Rhodes - top 3 CB

1. Anthony Barr - doesn't play a premier position, so the value hurts a little, but he's been good to great for most of his career

1. Teddy Bridgewater - looked to be turning the corner until his knee injury in practice

3. Scott Crichton - bust 

3. Jerick McKinnon - poor pick. Not a good runner, decent receiver though. Not sure why MN used a third round pick here.

1. Trae Waynes - solid starter, took three years to beat out Terence Newman though. His career is underwhelming for a top 11 pick.

2. Eric Kendricks - stud, key cog on the defense 

3. Danielle Hunter - see Kendricks 

1. Laquon Treadwell - I don't think it's fair to call Treadwell a bust, he's not going to play over Diggs and Thielen. Treadwell shares reps with two other receivers for the third WR spot. Poor value pick given the result, Treadwell might need to go to another team to emerge. 

2. Mackensie Alexander - first year as a starting slot CB, has looked good so far.

2. Dalvin Cook - Looks like a special player, hopefully the knee injury doesn't limit his career.

3. Pat Elflein - starting as a rookie, looks fantastic 

MN is out a first round pick due to the Sam Bradford trade.

MN found some late round/undrafted gems in Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen.

9 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

1. Shea McClellin, OLB/DE - Bust, big time reach and never did anything of note even with other teams.

Well, yes, but in fairness, Shea McClellin forged a pretty good career appearing on Oprah pimping the fat-reducing wonders of Weight Watchers.

Image result for Shea McClellin

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Won't go through all the picks, just the early ones (rounds 1-3):

Gosh, I know you were limiting your selections to those taken in the first 3 rounds, but no discussion of the Vikings drafting mastery can be complete without a huge tip of the hat to Stefon Diggs, Class of 2015, Round 5!

5 146 Minnesota Vikings Stefon Diggs  WR Maryland Big Ten from Atlanta

Yeah, BABY! photo of Stefon Diggs:

Image result for Stefon Diggs 

Just now, bzane said:

Gosh, I know you were limiting your selections to those taken in the first 3 rounds, but no discussion of the Vikings drafting mastery can be complete without a huge tip of the hat to Stefon Diggs, Class of 2015, Round 5!

5 146 Minnesota Vikings Stefon Diggs  WR Maryland Big Ten from Atlanta

I did mention him, last line of my response.

2013------

2/52 - LB Jamie Collins
Had two really good years in '14 and '15 before being shipped to Cleveland for a measley 3rd round pick, for reasons that still remain unknown. Still, I'd call this a success.

2/59 - WR Aaron Dobson
Showed promise as a rookie but then completely disappeared due to injury and a lack of focus (both in terms of knowing the offense and actually catching the ball). Pretty sure he's out of the league. Bust.

3/83 - CB Logan Ryan
A very good #2/3 corner who cashed in on a big payday in Tennessee. Success.

3/91 - S Duron Harmon
Might be the best nickel safety in the league. Has made a lot of big plays. Success.

4/102 - WR Josh Boyce
I really wanted this guy to succeed because I loved his college tape, but he never could find his way into the mix here. Bust.

7/226 - DL Michael Buchanan
Had two sacks as a rookie and... that was it. About what you'd expect for a 7th rounder.

7/235 - LB Steve Beauharnais
Expected to contribute on ST. Couldn't even do that.

2014------

1/29 - DL Dominique Easley
Always hurt and didn't show much when he wasn't. Had serious motivation issues. Biggest bust of the Belichick era, arguably.

2/62 - QB James Garoppolo
How do you even qualify this one? Played amazing for a game and a half, got hurt, got traded for a 2nd round pick. Probably would've been the QBotF if Brady weren't a damn vampire. Instead he'll probably lead the 49ers back to glory.

4/105 - C Bryan Stork
Looked promising as a rookie, won a Super Bowl, then the wheels fell off late in 2015. Some of it was injury-related but if the stories are to be believed, he's the biggest reason the Pats got stomped in Denver in the AFCCG that year. Mixed.

4/130 - RB James White
If he's not the best 3rd down back in the NFL, he's top-3 for sure. Will forever be a hero for his work in SBLI. Major success.

4/140 - OT Cameron Fleming
Serviceable swing tackle. Moderate success.

6/179 - OG Jon Halapio
Didn't make it out of his rookie camp. I guess he's with the Giants now, which suggests he still sucks.

6/198 - DL Zach Moore
Had the physical tools to develop into a quality player but never did. 

6/206 - DB Jemea Thomas
Didn't make it out of his rookie camp.

7/244 - WR Jeremy Gallon
Didn't make it out of his rookie camp.

UDFA - CB Malcolm Butler
Whatever he is for the remainder of his career (and I suspect he'll be pretty good, even though he's been up-and-down this year), he'll always be a legend.

2015------

1/30 - DL Malcolm Brown
He's been... decent, I guess. An above-average run defender, but provides little as a pass rusher and not nearly the space-eater we thought he would become. I wouldn't call him a bust but he's hardly a star.

2/64 - S Jordan Richards
Patrick Chung continues to play at a high level which has made it hard for him to make a mark. A decent 4th safety and occasional moneybacker, but that's not what you look for in a 2nd round pick.

3/97 - DL Geneo Grissom
Done nothing on defense in 3 years of being on and off the 53-man roster. Bust.

4/101 - DL Trey Flowers
Probably the best all-around DL this team has had since Richard Seymour. Doesn't put up big sack numbers but gets solid pressure, is among the best edge defenders in the league against the run, and very versatile. Plus he had 2.5 sacks in the Super Bowl, including one of the biggest ever. Huge success.

4/111 - OG Tre' Jackson
Started 9 games as a rookie but didn't really impress. Gone now. Bust.

4/131 - OG Shaq Mason
Took a while to get up to speed but is now one of the top guards in the league, especially in the running game. Success.

5/166 - LS Joe Cardona
He's a long snapper. He's good at it.

6/178 - LB Matthew Wells
He's never appeared in an official NFL game.

6/202 - TE AJ Derby
He got traded for a 5th round pick to the Broncos. He caught some passes for them but they cut him and he's with Miami now.

7/247 - CB Darryl Roberts
He showed some promise in the preseason but Malcolm Butler's emergence made him expendable. He's a nickel corner for the Jets now.

7/253 - DL Xzavier Dickson
He's never appeared in an official NFL game.

UDFA - C David Andrews
Spot starter as a rookie, but has since developed into one of the most reliable players in the league at his position, and a team captain at that.

2016------

2/60 CB Cyrus Jones
All kinds of issues holding on to the ball in the return game last year. Tore his ACL in preseason this year. No impact on defense. Looking like a bust.

3/78 OG Joe Thuney
Started every game since he got here and done very well. Success.

3/91 QB Jacoby Brissett
Very raw coming in. Thrust into starting before he was ready. Didn't do awfully all things considered. Trading him was probably a mistake because he looks like he belongs in the league.

3/96 DT Vincent Valentine
Decent rotational DT last year. Hurt all year so far this year. Jury still out.

4/112 WR Malcolm Mitchell
Really came on strong in the second half of his rookie year. Had a big Super Bowl. Out all year this year with a knee injury but I still have high hopes for him.

6/208 LB Kamu Grugier-Hill
Expected to contribute on special teams, and he's done that... for the Eagles.

6/214 LB Elandon Roberts
A solid 4th LB. Makes plays against the run, but a liability in coverage.

6/221 OL Ted Karras
A pretty good backup interior lineman. Started a handful of games at RG and C.

7/225 WR Devin Lucien
Preseason all-pro. Never appeared in a real game, though.

2017------

3/83 DL Derek Rivers
Tore his ACL in preseason. Hasn't played yet.

3/85 OT Antonio Garcia
Missing the year with a case of cooties, or something. Hasn't played yet.

4/131 DL Deatrich Wise
Looks like a success. Providing solid pressure as a rotational lineman this year.

6/211 OT Conor McDermott
Appeared in a couple of games, but really a total unknown at this point.

UDFA DL Adam Butler
Looks like a very good all-around rotational player who provides solid interior pressure. Could develop into a stud.

So not counting UDFAs, that's 15 successes, 14 busts and the rest are mixed or TBD

Steelers

pPt6mbY.png

Jarvis was a definite bust...never came close to what he was supposed to be.   Was decent vs the run at times, but was a joke of a pass rusher, even though that was supposed to be his best attribute.    He completely changed the way I evaluated pass rushers.

Bell is the best RB in the league....huge success.

Wheaton had his moments and was okay for us.   If he was a 1st rounder he would be a bust....as a 3rd round pick, he was JAG.

Thomas was a bust, especially since we traded a future 3rd to the Browns to get him.

Landry Jones isnt good, but for a late 4th, he isnt a complete bust as a mediocre backup.

Terry Hawthorne spent more time on the back of milk cartons than he did in the NFL.

Justin Brown never did a thing.

Vince Williams is an average starter/quality backup.  Hit

2 hits

2 JAGs

4 Busts

9nrUMNq.png

Shazier is a beast....sometimes.   Either way, he is a hit.

Tuitt is very good. 

Archer was trash.

Bryant....good, but disappointing for obvious reasons.

Only one after that that did anything was McCullers, who is below average backup, but as a 7th rounder, not bad.

3 Hits

1 JAG

5 Busts

Yz1t0hN.png

Dupree is just okay.

Golson could never stay healthy

Coates showed potential, but we gave up on him fast and now he sucks in Cleveland.

Doran Grant disappeared fast.

Jesse James is a decent starting TE.

Walton and Chick are JAGs.

Holiman bust.

2 kinda hits..leaning towards JAGs.

2 JAGs.

4 Busts

2OT7I0Q.png

Burns is okay.

Davis is meh.

Hargrave is pretty good.

Hawkins...????

Feeney is done.

Ayers had his moments but never really didnt anything notable.

Matakevich is a nice special teamer and semi decent backup.

1 or 2 hits.  (Burns pending)

3 to 5 JAGs. (Burns and Hawkins pending)

2 or 3 busts.  (Hawkins pending)

DWx8dzF.png

This class is still way too early to judge, but we'll do what we can....

TJ Watt looks to be really good.

JuJu looking beastly.

Sutton hasnt really seen any real action yet.

James Conner has showed some nice flashes, but hardly gets reps.

Dobbs looked mediocre in the presason, but its still early.

Allen has upside, but way too soon to know.  Likely a bust, but we will see.

Holba was a laughably bad pick from the get go and didnt even make the team.

Adams....not sure.

2 seeming like hits.

The rest are unknown.  

1 C Travis Frederick- Home run pick

2. TE Gavin Escobar- Utter waste of a pick

3. WR Terrence Williams- Has been a decent #2 WR for us even if he is frustrating at times.  Success.

3. SS JJ Wilcox- Project pick that never quite worked out.  Tampa signed in in FA this season only to trade him later in the offseason to Pittsburgh.

4. CB BW Webb- Bust

5 RB Joseph Randle- Not a great player and a headcase.  No longer on the team.  Bust

6 LB Devonte Holloman- Had to retire very early due to a neck injury

1 OL Zack Martin- Home run pick

2 DE DeMarcus Lawrence- Mixed results for most of his career between injuries and a 4 game suspension, but he seems to be putting it all together now.

4 LB Anthony Hitchens- Has played regularly at various LB positions since being drafted.  Success.

5 WR Devin Street- Bust

5 7th round picks all didn't pan out (DE Ben Gardner, LB Will Smith, S Ahmad Dixon, DT Ken Bishop, CB Terence Mitchell)

1 S Byron Jones- Has been a steady starter since his 2nd year and even in his first year, played a lot.  Does not make a lot of splash plays, but is rarely caught out of position.  Hit

2 DE Randy Gregory- Has not been able to overcome his pot issues.  I've lost all faith in him ever being anything.  Bust

3 OT Chaz Green- Constantly hurt and now has that embarrassment of a game against Atlanta on his resume.  More bad than good with him.

4 LB Damien Wilson- Has been a solid contributor on defense.  Nice return for a 4th rounder.

5 DE Ryan Russell- Bust

7 LB Mark Nzeocha- Still on PS.

7 OT Laurence Gibson- Bust

7 Geoff Swaim- Has stayed on our roster as the #2 TE behind Witten.  Does not get the ball often, is usually blocking when on the field.  Hit.

2016 (This looks to be a foundation building draft)

1 RB Ezekiel Elliott- Big time hit as long as he keeps his head straight
2 LB Jaylon Smith- Jury is still out, but the fact that he is now playing after the injury he went to is mighty impressive.

3 DT Maliek Collins- steady starter on the DL and has looked good.  Hit.

4 DE Charles Tapper- plagued by injuries to this point.  TBD

4 QB Dak Prescott- Hit

6 CB Anthony Brown- Has been a good fit in our defense so far.  Hit.

6 S Kavon Frazier- Has made his mark primarily on ST.  TBD

6 RB Darius Jackson- No longer with the team.  Bust for us

6 TE Rico Gathers- Total project.  On our PS.  TBD

2017 (Too early to give any real grade on any of these guys)

1 DE Taco Charlton- Has not shown much so far and has not been able to earn consistent playing time.  I believe in his ability though.

2 CB Chidobe Awuzie- Has been hampered by hamstring issues since the first game and only just came back.  Has looked good in what little action he's got.  Love his ability.

3 CB Jourdan Lewis- Has started since the middle of the year and has not looked too out of place.

4 WR Ryan Switzer- Has had some issues with ball security on returns, but did break his first TD return last week.  He gets occasional snaps on offense.

6 S Xavier Woods- Big fan of this guy.  I can certainly see him being a starter in the near future.  Has looked solid in defense so far.

6 CB Marquez White- On the PS

7 DT Joey Ivie- Now on Atlanta's PS

7 WR Noah Brown- Had a nice camp and forced his way onto the 53 man roster.

7 Jordan Carrell- Cut and not on a team at the moment.

A mix of success and failures, but overall, I can't complain about that draft record too much.

1st - Chance Warmack - Trash

2nd - Justin Hunter - Trash

3rd - Blidi Wreh-Wilson - Trash

3rd - Zavier Gooden - Trash

4th - Brian Schwenke - Solid depth interior OL

5th - Lavar Edwards - Trash

6th - Khalid Wooten - Trash

7th - Daimion Stafford - Solid depth at safety. Think he’s with Steelers now.

1st - Taylor Lewan - Top 5 LT

2nd - Bishop Sankey - Trash

4th - DaQuan Jones - Pretty solid DL especially against the run.

4th - Marqueston Huff - Trash

5th - Avery Williamson - Much like Jones, he’s very good against the run. Liability in pass coverage though. Pretty much a thumper.

6th - Zach Mettenberger - Trash

1st - Marcus Mariota - Has had injury issues throughout his career but is a good player. Would be much better if he was in an offense that plays to his strengths. 

2nd - Dorial Green-Beckham - Trash

3rd - Jeremiah Poutasi - Trash

4th - Angelo Blackson - Rotational DL. Believe he plays for Houston now.

4th - Jalston Fowler - Solid FB but is hardly used. Actually has been inactive the past two weeks and even when active, only plays 7 snaps a game.

5th - David Cobb - Trash

6th - Deiontrez Mount - Trash

6th - Andy Gallik - Trash

7th - Tre McBride - 5th receiver type. Played for Chicago this season until they cut him.

1st - Jack Conklin - Arguably the best RT in football

2nd - Kevin Dodd - Big bust. Inactive more then he’s played. Huge miss here.

2nd - Austin Johnson - Much like DaQuan Jones. Solid rotational DL.

2nd - Derrick Henry - Should be the starting RB. Good player

3rd - Kevin Byard - Becoming one of the best safeties in the league. Believe he leads league in INTs. 

5th - Tajae Sharpe - Was a ok player last year but was only a starter due to having only one good receiver on the team last year(Rishard Matthews). Probably would’ve been cut this year if he didn’t get injured and put on IR.

5th - LeShaun Sims - Solid depth at CB. 3rd CB on depth chart. Sealed the game yesterday with an INT.

6th - Sebastian Tretola - Trash and a moron

7th - Aaron Wallace - Was a solid pass-rusher last year. Hadn’t played this year due to injury.

7th - Kalan Reed - PS

1st - Corey Davis - Dealt with a hamstring all year. Shown big play ability.

1st - Adoree Jackson - Played pretty well on defense despite being a raw prospect. Has been solid in the return game and has even had some big plays on offense.

3rd - Taywan Taylor - Mularkey doesn’t know how to use his receivers so Taylor doesn’t play much. Has had some big plays but with the lack of creativity, he’s mainly used on dumb jet sweeps that everyone can see from a mile away. 

3rd - Jonnu Smith - Has had some solid games this year. Was wide open for a TD yesterday but of course pressure broke down and Mariota didn’t find him. 

5th - Jayon Brown - 3rd down specialist LB for coverage. Solid player

6th - Corey Levin - PS

7th - Josh Carraway - I believe on the IR.

7th - Brad Seaton - PS

7th - Khalfani Muhammad - PS

Falcons

2012 Draft

2. Peter Konz C - Was the top rated center in the draft. But he was just soft. Currently out of the NFL. Letting McClure retire so early so that Konz could slot in was one of the worst idea's TD has had as a GM. Bust.

3. Lamarr Holmes RT - Imagine Greg Robinson without the truely elite physical traits. Dude never got it quite together and flashed during one snap every x games. Bust.

5.  Bradie Ewing FB - Showed a lot of promise when he was on the field. Which was never because he basically died in his second NFL game. Dude played like two games and recorded 2 catches for 30 yards. Bust.

5. Jonathan Massaqoui DE - Actually showed some flashes but wasn't a part of Quinn's plan. For a fifth rounder he was okay I guess.

6. Charles Mitchell CB - Typical 6th rounder who never got on the field. Harsh to call a bust looking at draft position. Still, could have done better with the pick.

7. Travian Robertson DE - Never got any meaningful playing time. Bounced around the league for a bit but seems to be done. 

Conclusion: 0 players still active in the NFL. Horrible abomination of a draft class saved only by the first rounder going towards Julio Jones the year prior. 

2013 Draft

1. Desmond Trufant CB - Top 10ish CB, arguably even better. Hit.

2. Robert Alford CB - He's grabby and gets a lot of PI called against him but not bad for a second round CB. Hit

4. Malliciah Goodman DE - Decent at run stopping but couldn't really get after the QB. Showed out in camp and some pre-season games but never quite got it together. Bust.

4. Levine Toilolo TE - Developed into a decent run blocker but still can't catch. Sark refuses to incorporate him into the gameplan as reciever. I guess he's slightly outproducing his draft position. Mediocre. 

5. Stansley Maponga DE - Remember him being on the field for a bit but never making much of an impact. Bust. 

7. Kemal Ishmael S - Maybe the best value in this draft class. Dude isn't an allstar starter but he's dependable and can line up at linebacker and safety. Hit. 

7. Zeke Motta S - HoF career ruined by injuries. I cry every time. Bust.

7. Sean Renfree QB - Was the primairy backup for quite a while. Had bad and decent games in pre-season. Mediocre I guess.

Conclusion:  Good draft class. Hits in the first, second and seventh round with some contribution from the fourth. 

2014 Draft

1. Jake Matthews T - Solid. Not an all pro by any means but rarely messes up either. Hard to really call it a hit but it isn't a miss for sure either. 

2. Rashede Hageman DE - This kid, this kid was going to be great. He had the potential to be an absolute gamewrecker, and flashed that potential at times. Then he decided to wreck his gf and now he's out of the league. Bust. 

3. Dezman Southward CB - Just wasn't a football player. Bust.

4. Davonte Freeman RB - STEAL. Hit. 

4. Prince Shembo LB - Was about to break out, then decided to murder his gf's dog. Already got a girl to commit suicide during college. Pos human being and a  Bust.

5. Ricardo Allen CB - Converted into a FS and has been solid. He stands to be upgraded though. Might be better as a nickle corner. Hit.

5. Marquiss Spruill LB - Was hyped for his college tape. Showed some promised but then an injury recked his career. Bust.

7 Yawin Smallwood LB - Can't remember him doing anything ever. Bust.

7. Tyler Starr LB - Steal of the draft, the great white hope at LB. Our own Clay Matthews. Crazy score on the Waldo chart. Dude sucked though. Bust. 

Conclusion: Got a star in Freeman and solid pieces in Matthews and Allen. I'm still salty at Hageman since that dude could have been the best thing since sliced bread. Good draft class overall though.

2015 Draft

1. Vic Beasley DE - Mediocre/below average rookie year. Great year last year. Is now being played out of position and asked to drop into coverage. Hit.

2. Jalen Collins CB - Had the tools, didn't have the brains. Bust.

3. Tevin Coleman RB - He's so good. Sark isn't using him right most of the time but dude has scary ability. Hit. 

4. Justin Hardy WR - Dude is slow and can't get seperation to save his live. Has crazy good hands though. Mediocre. 

5. Grady Jarrett DT - Steal of the draft? Probably. Was on the way to become a SB MVP until Shanahan forgot running the ball chews up clock time. Hit. 

7. Jake Rodgers T - Never did anything worth remembering. Bust. 

7. Akeem King CB - Flashed a bit when given playing time. Now on the Seahawks practice squad. Bust.

Conclusion: Jarrett, Beasley and Coleman make this draft class. Good class. 

2016 Draft

1. Keanu Neal S - Headhunting SS that sets the tone on defence. Hit. 

2. Deion Jones LB - Silly fast LB that needs to be kept clean on running plays. Hit. 

3. Austin Hooper TE - Has the tools, shows some good catches and has a sick nasty stiff arm. Also dissapears in games and drops easy passes. Mediocre. 

4. De'Vondre Campbell LB - Fast and physical. Had a rough rookie year but has been developing nicely. Could become a force in the future. Hit. 

5. Wes Schweitzer OG - Started horribly this year, has been improving. Mediocre. 

7. Devin Fuller WR - He's been injured so far. Bust.

Conclusion: Led the way to an SB birth. Beastly class so far.

2017 Draft

1. Takkarist McKinley DE - He's been getting to the **** QB so far. I'd say this might end up being a hit. 

3. Duke Riley LB - Physically fast as heck but mentally still struggling with the game. Might have been thrown into the fire a bit too early. Looks like a bust so far but I think with an offseason of NFL conditioning he'll be able to turn into something special. Mediocre? 

4. Sean Harlow OG - Too early to tell.

5. Demonte Kazee CB - Kinda shocked to see he has already piled up two forced fumbles this year. He's been around the ball whenever he's playing. It's way to early to tell but I think this could turn into a hit. 

5. Brian Hill RB - Made the practice squad then signed by the Bengals. Bust.

5. Eric Saubert TE - On the active roster but hasn't made any contributions as far as I'm aware off. Including special teams. Too early to tell.

Conclusion: McKinley seems to be the best player out of this class so far. Kazee and Duke have lots of upside but need development (Duke more so then Kazee). Too early to tell for the rest tbh. 

I won't do 2017, too early but all signs point to a great draft.

2016: 5/5 still with team.

• DT Sheldon Rankins, 1st, #12 - Quality starter, commanding double teams inside and is showing the ability to play DE with Okafor gone as well.
  • WR Michael Thomas, 2nd, #47 - Stud. 
  • SS Vonn Bell, 2nd, #61 - Good role player, borderline starter depending on the matchup. He's a sure tackler (leads team) and has shown good blitzing instincts (3.5 sacks). Funny because in college he was known as being a coverage guy who isn't super motivated to step up and play the run.
  • DT David Onyemata, 4th, #120 - He's coming along nicely. He's a work in progress, but he's been servicable when asked to start which is great for a 4th rounder.
  • RB Daniel Lasco, 7th, #237 - Special teams gunner, and really good at it. He had a scary injury earlier this year and was put on IR. 

2015: 4/9 still with the team

• OT Andrus Peat, 1st, #13 - Quality LG. And a good backup to LT Terron Armstead who is often hurt.
  • LB Stephone Anthony, 1st, #31 - Promising rookie campaign.Terrible garbage after that. Not sure what happened.  No longer with the team.
  • DE Hau'oli Kikaha, 2nd, #44 - Promising rookie campaign, was injured his entire sophomore year and has been a rotational pass rusher this year. He's not as explosive as he was before the injury.
  • QB Garrett Grayson, 3rd, #75 - Nope. Whiffed.  No longer with the team.
  • CB PJ Williams, 3rd, #78 - Got him from the Kenny Stills trade with Miami. He's a a decent depth CB and S. He slipped to us in the 3rd which was nice, but isn't playing like the borderline 1st round pick some people thought he could be before his arrest pushed him down some draft boards. 
  • DE Davis Tull, 5th, #148 - Another whiff.  No longer with the team.
  • NT Tyeler Davison, 5th, #154 - Quality depth, but not a special player. Has filled in as a starter when needed and proven to be tough to push around.
  • CB Damian Swann, 5th, #167 - Preseason he always shows some flashes, but he's really pretty bad. No longer with the team.
  • RB Marcus Murphy, 7th, #230 - Exciting returner, fumbling machine.  No longer with the team.

2014: 0/6 still with the team

• WR Brandin Cooks, 1st, #20 - Great receiver, but didn't mesh with Payton and was expendable with Thomas, Snead and Ingram all catching the ball well. His trading brought us OT Ryan Ramczyk and DE Trey Hendrickson in the 2017 draft. No longer with the team.
  • CB Stanley Jean-Baptise, 2nd, #58 - Played 8 snaps his rookie season and was cut before his 2nd began. He was my 2nd round target I was hoping for the Saints, Cooks was who I wanted us to target in the 1st. If SJB had worked out this would've been a fantastic draft for me. No longer with the team.
  • LB Khairi Fortt, 4th, #126 - Got cut his rookie season for missing a meeting.  No longer with the team.
  • SS Vinnie Sunseri, 5th, #167 - Good special teamer who could never stay healthy.  No longer with the team.
  • DE/LB Ronald Powell, 5th, #169 - He never did much, had a couple flashy preseason plays.  No longer with the team.
  • OT Tavon Rooks, 6th, #202 - Nope. No longer with the team.

2013: 2/5 still with the team

• SS Kenny Vaccaro, 1st, #15 - Quality box safety. Plays well in man coverage on TEs not named Gronk. Good tackler. Awful in space, especially in coverage.
  • OT Terron Armstead, 3rd, #70 - Seems like he's always hurt, but a really good LT when he's healthy. He's a freak athlete for the position and makes a living blowing guys up 20-yards downfield.
  • NT John Jenkins, 3rd, #82 - Rotational player for a couple years, never really clicked. No longer with the team.
  • WR Kenny Stills, 5th, #144 - Great deep threat for us, eventually got traded because Brees didn't like him. Rumors are he was coming to practice/games drunk and hungover. No longer with the team. His trading helped land us Dannelle Ellerbe (solid LB for a couple years, but missed about half his time here due to injury) and CB PJ Williams in the 2015 draft. .
  • DE Rufus Johnson, 6th, #183 - Didn't pan out, he was always hurt. No longer with the team.

Archived