2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

4 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Agree to disagree. Plenty of teams have young talent with potential, that doesn't mean those guys end up being any good. Give me proven guys to throw to any day of the week.

I think it just kinda worked out that way. There just wasn't vet available that worked for what they want and have. I am sure they would have loved to have kept Lazard but didn't seem like he wanted to stay. 

5 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Dude quit being so sensitive. It's just his opinion.

My **** response was to his personal attack, beyond that I didn't agree with him and noted why thoughtfully to be honest:). I treated him the way he treated me I thought he wanted that. Golden rule. 

Edited by PACKRULE

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

I think it just kinda worked out that way. There just wasn't vet available that worked for what they want and have. I am sure they would have loved to have kept Lazard but didn't seem like he wanted to stay. 

Jerry Rice could have been available in his prime and we wouldn't have even considered signing him. Just not how our front office rolls. We are stuck in 1995.

Watched a video, that randomly came across my feed, where this dude sous vides "mystery meat", marinates in birria and makes it into tacos to get his coworkers to eat it. 

Clearly a ****, but he won't  just come out and say it's a ****. Keeps dancing around it like it's a mystery. 

Anyway he and the other dudes eat these bull **** tacos and say how they just taste like birria and are a soft chewy meaty gelatinous  substance..

So I guess if you're gonna eat a bag of *****, marinate in birria first.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Jerry Rice could have been available in his prime and we wouldn't have even considered signing him. Just not how our front office rolls. We are stuck in 1995.

You do make a point.....but to be honest when AR took over the starters job his only vet was Driver right, Jennings had what 1 year Jones was just drafted and Nelson came a year later........let them grow together. The old saying is buy defense draft for offense. FA's on offense rarely work out, but yes you have a point the FO has not gone high on WR since Walker was drafted. 

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Watched a video, that randomly came across my feed, where this dude sous vides "mystery meat", marinates in birria and makes it into tacos to get his coworkers to eat it. 

Clearly a ****, but he won't  just come out and say it's a ****. Keeps dancing around it like it's a mystery. 

Anyway he and the other dudes eat these bull **** tacos and say how they just taste like birria and are a soft chewy meaty gelatinous  substance..

So I guess if you're gonna eat a bag of *****, marinade in birria first.

bahaha. 

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

We will have a very good left side of the line.  The rest is shaky.

Meh, I think we're really solid at 4 out of 5. Runyan is a better RG than he gets credit for, especially as a pass blocker. The 4th guy will be Tom who will likely excel at either C or RT. 

That leaves Myers or Nijman as your 5th the guy and likely the worst of the 5-man group. But neither of them are weak players, moreso just inconsistent. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Meh, I think we're really solid at 4 out of 5. Runyan is a better RG than he gets credit for, especially as a pass blocker. The 4th guy will be Tom who will likely excel at either C or RT. 

That leaves Myers or Nijman as your 5th the guy and likely the worst of the 5-man group. But neither of them are weak players, moreso just inconsistent. 

some continuity on the OL should help the "weaker links"

@PACKRULE  Well, maybe I was somewhat testy in my first post, it was about 6am (my time) so I'll put it down to not having had my first cup of tea, yet. 

I do agree with you that Rodgers could (should) have been traded a year earlier. That has always been my thinking, even back to about Jan/Feb 2022 when opinions were much more varied. But it seems like the Packers couldn't bring themselves to part with him, at that time.

Love would have been less capable as a replacement in 2022, but if he had started last year he would be further ahead of the game now. Also, the Packers would have been in a much better state cap-wise. As it is, revisionist history is easy with the benefit of hindsight and the Packers are where they are. Personally, I'm excited to watch the team this season, more so than for many years.

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

@PACKRULE  Well, maybe I was somewhat testy in my first post, it was about 6am (my time) so I'll put it down to not having had my first cup of tea, yet. 

I do agree with you that Rodgers could (should) have been traded a year earlier. That has always been my thinking, even back to about Jan/Feb 2022 when opinions were much more varied. But it seems like the Packers couldn't bring themselves to part with him, at that time.

Love would have been less capable as a replacement in 2022, but if he had started last year he would be further ahead of the game now. Also, the Packers would have been in a much better state cap-wise. As it is, revisionist history is easy with the benefit of hindsight and the Packers are where they are. Personally, I'm excited to watch the team this season, more so than for many years.

As has been mentioned many times, there would have been an absolute revolt had the Packers traded Rodgers anywhere after 2 MVP seasons.  It IS time to see what Love has or hasn't as a QB.  It will also be nice to have salary cap dollars to utilize (maybe upwards of 40 million) next year.  Time for the defense and special teams to "rise and shine" from the get go and help the offense out although that was supposed to happen last year and it didn't.  I too am looking forward to this season.  A .500 record would be acceptable in this remodeling stage but if things fall into place, a shot at the playoffs would be sweet.

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

As has been mentioned many times, there would have been an absolute revolt had the Packers traded Rodgers anywhere after 2 MVP seasons.

That depends entirely on what the return would have been.  This forum had many members ready to move on from Rodgers after the SF playoff loss, and the idea was being openly floated by the media.  Not sure why you believe there would have been some kind of revolt among GB fans.

35 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

That depends entirely on what the return would have been.  This forum had many members ready to move on from Rodgers after the SF playoff loss, and the idea was being openly floated by the media.  Not sure why you believe there would have been some kind of revolt among GB fans.

I’m not diving into this debate again but I bet most Packer fans aren’t online. And just because a lot of people here wanted Rodgers gone, who knows what other forums thought 

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

This, and the return would have been high.  At least as much as they gave for Russ and likely more.

Informed Packer fans by a large majority would have been greatly in favor of that trade.  At the same time, the front office shouldn't base their moves on the desires of fans.  And lord Rodg's regular season personal reward awards shouldn't factor in that decision in the least.  Now maybe Super Bowl MVP's might have.